𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩.

once you arrived at your house, you decided to lay down and scroll through instagram for a while.

to your surprise - dazai texted you first.

dazai

why did you add your number to my phone?

the brightness of your screen illuminated the dark room that you were laying in.

just in case ;p

in case of what?

in case you try to commit suicide again.

you got up out of your soft bed and turned on the light in your room so the bright screen from you phone that was brighter than the sun itself wasn't as blinding as it was before.

and then the 'answer call' button came up.

surprisingly it was dazai, which you hadn't expected.

you simultaneously hit decline and went back to texting him.

i'm in my pjs, and i have no makeup, i'm sure you don't want to see that

in my pjs as well

you started typing out another sentence to argue back with him, but he called you before you could.

although this time you hit accept.

he didn't have his camera on and neither did you.

"hi."

good god that sounded so lame. you didn't sound badass like you do when you actually talk face-to-face.

he didn't say anything back which caused you to start biting at the skin on your lips that was already covered by scars and bumps from previous times.

instead - he turned on his camera.

he was laying on what looked like a bed or a couch, on his side with the phone in front of him and a blanket up to his eyes.

there was dark circles around his eyes and his eyes themselves looked bloodshot.

"jesus, you look exhausted."

"i am exhausted." you could hear him sigh through the screen.

you quickly shut off your light to make it look like you hadn't been wide awake, but he heard you running around.

"what are you doing?" he chuckled.

"turning off my light so it doesn't blind you."

once you were comfortable you lied on your side, copying how dazai was laying.

once you turned on your camera you hit your face under the blanket because you happened to think you looked absolutely atrocious without any sort of makeup on.

"i look horrid."

"so?"

you peaked your eyes out of the blanket and noticed dazai smiling.