𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨.

the car ride back wasnt necessarily awkward, but the air felt thick, as if you couldn't breath.

you were exhausted and it was starting to show. dazai was equally exhausted but he wasnt showing it whatsoever, but the red around and in his eyes said otherwise.

-

now that you were home, you could sleep to your hearts desire, which your heart did desire, for a fact.

but, you were stubborn, so you decided to see if you could stay awake until night.

you were definitely going to be hallucinating later tonight.

the machine started to run as you prepared to make your morning coffee, in hopes that it would help wake you up more.

-

update.

it didnt work.

the couch you were laying on had sunken in from the deadweight being added onto it, the coffee that once had steam was no longer fresh and was ice cold now, never having one sip taken out of it. the poetry book you were  reading at some point but had no recollection of - was lied on your chest with your hand covering the spine of the book, that had cracked from the many times that you had read the book, because the ending would never change, so you knew what to expect.

you were in a dreamless sleep, a peaceful slumber.

that was, until dazai woke you up.

you groaned and took in all of your surroundings, closing the book that was not closed the proper way before, during the time that it took for your eyes to adjust to the sudden bright light.

the phone that you had regretted not throwing at a wall in the hours before you fell asleep, was sure looking throwable.

but you had to see what dazai wanted.

dazai

im done work, did you sleep at all?

lol nooo, get off your phone and get back to work

its 3:00pm

you simultaneously checked the time because you did not believe you slept for that long.

but he was right.

the clock read '3:00pm'.

did i really sleep that long???

so you did sleep?

i did but i didn't think i slept for THAT long wtf

anyways, what are you doing right now?

bestie calm down i just woke up

did.. did you just friendzone me?

lol ye

im lol'ing rn bro

were you 'lol'ing' right now?

lol, no.

ouch

ANYWAYS.