𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚.

the sun was bleeding through the curtains like ink, blinding you in the process of your eyes slowing adapting to the bright sun, dazai was nowhere to be seen in his bedroom, which meant he could've been elsewhere in the house or just gone entirely. your whole body ached as you got out of the bed, changing your clothes afterwards.

after you had checked the whole house; dazai was still nowhere to be found. his coat was gone, as were his shoes.

something was off.

dazai doesn't just leave without putting some form of note somewhere. and you knew that for a fact, since he was always like that, no matter what.

his phone was sat down on the coffee table so you couldn't figure out where he could've been.

dazai, damn you for thinking this through.

there was only a few locations he could've been.

a. dead.

b. on top of a building.

c. at the agency.

d. literally anywhere in yokohama.

oh, good grief.

you decided to call chuuya, he could help find him.

"chuuya, dazai has gone missing."

"that useless son of a bitch, i told him not to die!"

you could hear moving on the other side of the phone, meaning chuuya was now moving around.

"i don't think he's dead."

"pfft. as if i'd believe that."

"chuuya, don't be so negative."

"dazais just a suicidal freak, if the shoe fits."

you didn't want to believe him, but he was more than likely right. suicide is in dazais nature, thats who he is.

but..

-

"you won't go an die on me, right?"

"you are my reason for living right now."

"promise me."

"darling, i won't die on you. i love you."

-

"chihuahua, dazai isn't dead. just hep me find him."

"chihuahua? fuck you."

"you're drunk. you don't mean that."

you hung up on him before he could get the last word. he sounded extremely drunk, so whatever he said, he never meant it.

rain was starting to pour down, you could hear it hitting the glass. you walked over to the door, only to open it and seeing dazai outside of it.

his eyes were red, his cheeks were puffy, he had been crying.

"i'm sorry."

you didn't even listen to what he had to say, instead, you hugged him.

hugged him like it would be the last time you ever would.