Chapter 1||How It All Began

The Sapphire Empire

Rulers: Emperor Liam Sakanoue, Empress Aiko Sakanoue and Princess Y/n Sakanoue

Age Four 

"Princess Sakanoue, would you like me to repeat from the beginning... just to refresh your memories before you tell me?" Lord Ignasius, the princess's tutor inquired, as he spun on his heel and returned to the board. 

"There's no need. I can recite all one-hundred and sixty-eight kingdoms, their capitals, main exports, leaders and official languages just fine." the young prodigy answered giddily.

"Brilliant! Why don't you go right ahead then?" he chuckled at her fast learning. His Highness will be most pleased with both of them once he receives this news.

"Alright. First up, we have the Kingdom of..." 

Age Seven 

"Mother, behold. I've finished my abstract painting that Lady Tanaka assigned." the girl revealed as she burst into her parents' throne room. 

Her e/c eyes met with tired amber ones. Princess Sakanoue always believed her father's eyes were the prettiest, even when he looked exhausted. Empress Liam sat on his magnificent throne, golden with sapphire gems and stones alike while his Empress sat to his left, planning out the royal ball. She was currently choosing between royal blue and emerald green while her father was holding his head in his hands, looking at some papers.

"What is it, dear child?" Empress Aviva looked at her with a neutral expression. "My thirty-minute painting, mother." she smiled with a small gesture to the canvas in her hand; a swirl of many colours and shapes.

"It's lovely, sweetheart." her father commented before sighing and looking back at the stack of papers in his hand.

"Yes, yes. What your father said. Now, run along. According to your schedule, you are to have herbal studies in a few minutes." the woman shooed her daughter away. 

"Father, if you don't mind, may I have a peek?" The princess inquired with a soft voice as she twiddled with her fingers. 

Her father sighed once more and looked at his daughter with frustrated eyes. "I don't see the harm in it, my dear." She ran up the stairs and climbed up onto her father's lap to view the papers. After a few minutes of scanning through, she giggled and tapped his arm. 

"Father, that's easy. All you have to do is raise your right to rule. We already have an established connection with the kingdom of Tanbarun, Slovakia and Clarines. If it is help they seek, then provide and we can forge them into our allies. It won't take long. Then, you can trade and discuss business and do Kingy and Emperor stuff. Mom will finally have a few more friends to gossip with and not just the maids. I heard there are some very noble and intelligent people there. Also, Tanbarun's King has a son my age! So do Slovakia and Clarines! I'm sure we could all be friends." the child smiled widely as she left her father dumbfounded at what wonders her little mind could create. 

'You will make a wonderful leader one day, my princess.'

"Your big brain explains everything." her mother plainly stated, smiling slightly as she pushed aside the fact that her daughter had completely insulted her not even a minute ago. 

"That's an... amazing idea!" the Emperor boomed, picking up the squealing child and spinning her around.