Part 8

Crumpling the white sheets inbetween her fingers, Mrs Kim quickly shoves it underneath the pillow as soon Seokjin walked into her bedroom unannounced.

"Mom?" Seokjin called out

"Yes baby, you're up so early" She responds, watching him take slow strides towards the bed, until he was seated beside her.

"I wasn't able to get a proper night sleep" He announces in discomfort.

Mrs Kim's eyes grew worrisome almost immediately. So turning in his direction, she grabbed Seokjin by the shoulders, eyes curiously raking up and down his body. "Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

Sensing his mothers obvious worry, Seokjin reaches out to rest a palm over hers, "I'm fine mom, can you please calm down?"

She exhaled, "Are you sure Seokjin?" She asked, to which Seokjin was quick to nod.

"Hmm, I'm fine Mom" He assured, with his signature tight lip smile, One he was known for giving whenever he felt either nervous or uncomfortable in any situation. So in order to avoid engaging in an unnecessary banter with her son, Mrs Kim returned the small smile, in hopes of letting things slide.

As she stared at her son, Mrs Kim's eyes wanders around for a bit, until they landed on the clock resting on the wall just behind Soekjin's head, and instantly lets out a loud gasp, "Oh my! You're going to be late for school Seokjin, it's way passed seven already! You should get ready now in order to catch up alright?, I'll hasten up with breakfast while you get dressed"

Immediately the words left her lips, she dashed up to her feets, but a mild grip on her forearm held her back in place, only to see Seokjin still seated on the bed with a calm expression on his face.

"Didn't you hear me? You'll run late if you waste any more__"

"I don't want to attend school today" He countered, cutting his mother off abruptly.'

Mrs Kim eventually relaxed. It wasn't anything new, neither was it the first time Seokjin had decided to stay home out of the blue, but today did seem a bit odd the longer she looked at him without uttering a word.

"Why? Is everything okay?"

Seokjin nodded, eventually releasing his grip from her arm.

With a disheartening sigh, Jungkook said, "I'm just a little bit out of it today, maybe overwhelmed too. So, can I please take a day off mom?"

He didn't need to ask twice for Mrs Kim to grant him her permission, "Of course you can baby, it's totally okay, but are you certain you're doing fine?" She was back on the bed, seated beside him again, with hodded eyes staring back at him.

"Yes mom, I'm totally okay" Seokjin reassured, with a much brighter smile this time.

"Alright then"

Standing to his feets, Seokjin walked towards the door but stopped midway to yell out the rest of his words "Oh and mom"

"Yes, Seokjin?"

"I have a friend coming over later after school, that's of course if it's okay with you" He asked.

Mrs Kim's eyes widened instantly, and her jaw dropped open. Had she heard right? "A f-friend you said?" She asked, "did you say a friend?" She added, still quite unable to believe what she had just heard.

Seokjin nodded again for a millionth time that morning.

"You have friends? Since when?"

"Well he's a senior, his name is Park Jimin, and I got to know him and some of his other friends just recently and they have all been so nice to me Mom"