Chapter 4

The moon's beams illuminate the gloomy sky along with the lights from the surface. In the suburbs, a woman walks alone on the street. She cursed under her breath as the heels she wore stung her feet.

She stopped at her porch while finding her keys inside her purse. As she opened her door, she saw nothing but the same old empty house.

She stretched her arms out as she threw her shoes on the floor and her bag on the couch. As soon as she gets into her room, she removes her tight clothing and hair scrunchies. Her long black hair falls through her bare shoulders while changing her clothes to a more comfortable one.

"You have a message..." Her landline automatically beeps.

"Hi, Lisa! It's me, Jimin. I just want to check if you are okay. It's been so long since I last saw you. I know it's been tough for you, but if you need anything, just call me, okay? I'm always be there for you." The voice message ended.

She grabbed her pen and pulled a large corkboard at the back of her cabinet. Revealed multiple pictures, but it's not just any normal pictures— there are photographs of dead people were found on the board. It may be unbearable to look at, but she's desperate to solve these numerous cases even though she is not involved in any police task forces.

And there's a picture of Jeon Jungkook, taken from a public magazine. He is in the center, linking him to the victims he may have killed. They're all connected to him by the red yarns hanging from the pins protruding out of their photographs. She is confident that he is not simply a greedy man who is obsessed with money and power, despite the lack of evidence. Nevertheless, there's something more about him, something darker, and she needs to go further.

Her blood began to boil with just a single look at his photograph, and her empty eyes began to flame as she gazed at him. She had no idea how she had been able to bear her rage the first time she met him in person a while ago. After all, she'd planned to go through him. She didn't want to waste that opportunity.

She opened her red pen and encircled his picture. She took her necklace and kissed it like it was her prayer.

"You should pay for everything you have done, Jeon Jungkook...."

—————————————————-

After those long dreaded interviews with those applicants, I came back to the penthouse

After those long dreaded interviews with those applicants, I came back to the penthouse. I sit on the couch watching the fire in the hearth while lighting up my cigarette.

The woman has been permanently engraved in my mind. I imagined what is like to stick my cigarette against her smooth and fair skin. Her tears and screams elicit awe in me. There are many things I want to do with her and I want to make a list so I won't forget but I need to put them on hold for a while because the news is still raging.

I've already informed the recruitment team that I've selected Lalisa Manoban, and she'll begin working with me on Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing her every day. It would be a waste if I turned her down. Other than my personal desire, she is a smart woman. I was blown away by her qualifications, despite the fact that she comes from a completely different field. Why would she give up her degree to work as a secretary? It doesn't make sense...

I took my phone and dialed someone.

"Hello, Mr. Shin? Yes, It's me, Jungkook. I would like you to dig into some information. Her name is Lalisa Manoban. If you found anything about her, just send it through my email."