Chapter 3

The day of the recruitment day has reached

The day of the recruitment day has reached. I've spent an entire day interviewing the applicants. My throat hurt  because of that never-ending interview. Regret  has crept into me, killing that woman without thinking about the consequences, but I was honestly insane when I longed to kill anybody. I haven't killed somebody in a long time.

"Thank you so much, Ms. Kim. We'll contact you after we finalize it," I said as I shook her hands.

"I'll be looking forward to working with you, Mr. Jeon," She said and unexpectedly winked at me. I feel cringed on the inside, but I noticed a while ago during the interview how she crossed her legs though her pencil skirt was so short and tight, her buttons were opened to her cleavage area, and she kept showing her bare neck.

She thinks this will invite me to play with her in bed, but she didn't know she asked me to play with her so crucially. It tempts me to slice her neck open and crack her legs so she can't run. However, this can't go on since I just killed someone last night. Lucky for her, I just let it slide.

She finally left. I throw myself on my chair and massage my temples. It's been a long day; I desperately wanted to end this day and go home.

Suddenly someone knocks at my door. I suddenly put myself in my original position and remained professional. It's another applicant.

"Come in!" I said. The door opened, revealing a beautiful woman with the same doll eyes I saw on her resume. She bun her long black hair and wore some matching grey colors on her blazers and pencil skirt. She looks gorgeous in person but honestly plain yet so sexy.

"Ms. Manoban?" I asked, and she slowly nodded at me. I smiled at her showing my pearly white teeth that I usually show at work.

"Take a seat." I offered her. She came closer and sat on the chair in front of me.

"So, according to your resume, you're from Bangkok, Thailand, but you're currently a citizen here in South Korea," I said.

"Yes, Sir, I'm actually born here in Seoul, so I'm originally a Korean citizen." She said.

"You not only took Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, but you also had a Master's and Doctorate Degree; I'm impressed. You used to work as a Counselor 10 months ago. I'm curious, why would you suddenly give up your career in counseling and decide to apply here for the secretary position?" I asked her and knitted my brows together.

"At first, I decided to resign from my former job because of some personal matters, and then I realized that counseling is not really for me, my heart started to set in marketing, and I would love to be involved in this firm."

"Is that so? Tell me, what are the unique things about you compared to the other applicants you're with, and why do you choose this firm to start your new career in marketing?"

"First of all, I'm organized at my time, especially at work, and very strict regarding professionalism. I also had an experience as a secretariat way back in a college organization. I think this firm will help me settle up my new life in marketing." Her tone is blank compared with the others I interviewed a while ago. Most of them looked fake and very good at impersonating other people, but she looked transparent. Even though her voice is lacking, she's good at answering my questions. I think she's a clever but dispirited woman.

During the interview, I was able to study her from every angle. She never smiles, as far as I can tell. Though her doll's eyes are gloomy and melancholy, her lips are a vibrant shade of crimson. I looked at her hand and saw a diamond ring on her finger. I lifted up my brow as I saw it.

I suddenly had a mental image of her chained to my bed, pleading for help. Slowly, I smile at my fantasies. I can almost imagine the terror in her eyes.

"Thank you so much, Ms. Manoban. I'll be looking forward to working with you in the future. We'll be contacting you as we finalize the secretary position." I said as we shook hands. Her hands are as delicate as a feather, and I can't help but want to snap them one by one.

"Thank you, Mr. Jeon," She said and bowed to me once again before she left.

As she closes the door, I take a seat and look at her resume looking at the photo, mesmerizing her features once again.

I discovered my new aim, a fresh target... Someday,  I'll ruin her beautiful face, but not right  now. I still need her alive, and this will save the best for last.