Chapter 7

I can't believe I'm here in this fucking dinner

I can't believe I'm here in this fucking dinner. I massaged my temples while I'm sitting here watching my fiancée finishing her meal. I'm still bothered about that letter I received a while ago. I have already told my investigator about this issue. I need to finish that bastard who sent me that letter.

"You know, many poor people struggled in poverty, starving to death, and you haven't even touched your food yet." She said. I rolled my eyes at her.

"What do you care? I never thought you had sympathy for those low-class parasites. " I said.

"Yerim?" Suddenly, a man suddenly came by and started talking to yerim. She looked at the man, and her eyes widened, but her lips also curved into a smile. She immediately stood up and hugged the man.

"Jinyoung, what a coincidence! I never thought you'd be here!" She said.

"Oh! Jungkook! You already met my college friend, right? Park Jinyoung?" She asked me, and I forced myself to smile at them.

"Oh yes! It's nice to meet you again, Jinyoung." I get up and give him a handshake. Park Jinyoung, like yerim claimed, he was her friend back in college. He is an engineer from a middle-class family who grew up with normal and average life in the suburbs. One of the interesting facts about him is that he also had an affair with my fiancee behind my back, but that's fine. I also slept with Yerim's best friend, Park Sooyoung. That girl is even more attractive than her. As a result, it's a win-win scenario.

Those romantic glances in each other's eyes are visible. I sense that I am the one who is the third wheel.

"So I'll see you around?" Yerim said.

"Y-Yeah, sure, I'll see you around." He said and hesitated to leave her.

"It's good to see you again, Jungkook," Jinyoung said.

"Likewise.." I said and smiled at him. We returned to our seats as soon as he left the table.

"He seems like a nice guy," I said to her. She didn't respond; she just continued eating dinner.

My phone suddenly vibrates from my pocket. I quickly took it and saw that I have an incoming call from my private investigator.

"Someone is calling me. Be right back," I said to Yerim and left her immediately. I went outside of the restaurant and answered his call.

"Do you find anything about that person who gave me that letter?" I asked.

"No, sir, but I found something odd about your new secretary, and I think you should hear it from me instead of emailing you." He said.

"What did you found?"

"At first, I struggled to find any information about her other than her legal documents. However, I noticed that most of her documents were registered three years ago. It seems like she changed her identity." He said, and my eyes widened. Maybe she's the one who sent that letter to me.

"Search more about her, especially her old documents. You have to dig deeper about that woman." I commanded him.

"Understood, sir."

"Good. If you find anything new, just update me. " I said, and I closed my phone.

Lalisa Manoban..... who are you?

————————————————-

"Hoseok, I have a favor to ask

"Hoseok, I have a favor to ask." Soon after work, I go straight to the precinct to get help from my good friend Jung Hoseok who is a private investigator.

"This is not one of your night cravings, isn't it? I'm not your delivery man, you know." He said and raised a brow.

"No... I need you to find this man..." I said and gave him a printed picture of that man on the CCTV. His brows knitted together, and he looked at the picture.

"Who is this?" He asked me.

"He may be the witness of-"

"Jeon Jungkook's crime?" He cut me off and looked at me with a hint of irritation.

"Lisa, when will you drop this case? It's not worth it! It's not even your job to do this. There's no evidence that he was the perpetrator." He scolds me. My hands became cold as my head was clouded with those thoughts.

" But you feel it too, right? I know deep down you also think he's the killer, the most wanted criminal in this country. The body found at Hongdae might be linked with those people he may killed. You also know that, right? "

"But it's not right the accuse him. He's the wealthiest bachelor in Korea. It's hard to oppose the upper-classmen unless we have hard evidence against them. " He said.

"That's why I'm looking for it! Please do this not only for me but for him." I begged him. It was the first time I mentioned him after all what happened months ago. Hoseok only sighed and went silent for a moment.

"Fine... But once I found that man you're looking for, don't do anything that might harm you." He said.

"I promise..." I said as I crossed my heart.