Chapter 7:

I slide down my chair trying to hide my face with my hair. "Is it who I think it is?" Dom asks and looks less softer now. I nod, and just like that the old Dominic is back. He clenches his jaw and his eyebrows are slightly creased, his eyes filled with rage. He tightens his grip to the coffee cup and takes a sip.

At this point I can't slide down my chair anymore and I look like a total idiot. He reaches for my arm across the table and slides me up and holds my hand, again. He squeezes it and I squeeze back. This feels nice, I feel calmer, safe, relaxed.

"I'm sorry," I blurt out, "I don't know why I react like this. It should be him sliding down a chair and trying to hide." I say with a little anger in my voice. He nods and relaxes a little. "Oh fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, he's coming this way Dom." I panic and squeeze his hand some more. I look into his eyes to find comfort and I think he can clearly see how much I'm panicking.

"Hey Nat." His ugly voice calls out, I'm still looking into Dominic's eyes, not wanting to look away but he does.

"Daniel." Dom says, with a slight nod but still has anger in his eyes. I look at Daniel, and god I feel like I'm going to break down sobbing any moment. It shouldn't be me feeling this, it should be him, feeling guilty and crying himself to sleep. He smiles like he didn't break my heart and fucking ruin me.

"Can I talk to you?" The audacity of this man, the actual fucking audacity. I open my mouth and stutter, not knowing what to say. Dominic senses that and replies for me.

"She doesn't want to talk to you."

Daniel looks at him and I sense he's growing frustrated. "Jensen, stay out of this." Dom scoffs and rolls his eyes while taking another sip of coffee. Dan looks back at me and asks again.

"She doesn't want to talk, Daniel." Dominic says, sounding more angry and aggressive.

"Dude," Daniel says, "stay the fuck out of this." Oh. Dominic has murder in his eyes now. Fuck I dont want this situation to escalate.

"Daniel, I don't want to talk," I finally found my words and Dom nodded to reassure me. "You have said plenty without saying a single word." I give a painfully fake smile to him.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I look at him with so much anger in my eyes.

"Meaning you can't keep your little dick hard for your fucking girlfriend." I hear a little chuckle out of Dominic and see he's holding in a laugh, I can't help but let out a little laugh too.

Dan rolls his eyes, "Stop acting like I didn't leave you shaking for days." My cheeks turn red, I immediately feel embarrassed and disgusted that I ever had sex with this man. Dominic is no longer amused and narrows his eyes to Daniel.

"Daniel," I let out a sigh and massage my temples from the headache I'm getting from this dude. "Seriously fuck off, I dont want anything to do with you. We're done, we're over, I hate you." I stand up a little too aggressively that the sound of my chair sliding echoes through the cafe making everyone look over at me. I pick up my bag and I put out my hand to Dom, "Come on babe lets go." Dom takes my hand and I drag him outside in a rush.

When we turned the corner I let out a big sigh and let out a big smile. "Fuck yes!" I jumped up and down and put my hands in the air. I hear Dom laugh, "You did amazing." I nodded excitedly.

"I felt amazing. God, he embarrassed me, but it's good to know I'm a good actor." I throw my hair over my shoulder, totally showing off. He tilts his head in confusion. "Oh you know, how he said he'd 'left me shaking for days'." His expression changes and I know I should stop but I can't. "I sorta faked my orgasm, which is probably a stupid thing to do but whatever thank fuck it's over now. I should quit nursing and be an actress instead, no?" I smile and let out a little awkward laugh and his expression goes back to soft and kind Dom.

"I'm rambling, uh anyways, thank you for speaking for me I was panicking a little." He smiles and nods.

"He's a dickhead," he let's out a frustrated sigh. "I always hated him." I see his fists turn white as he squeezes it tight, he rolls his eyes and I can feel his anger again. We stop walking and sit down on a bench and his eyebrows are still creased. I put my finger to the middle of his forehead and push up his skin, basically massaging the crease away. He looks a little confused but goes with it. I put my hand down and he holds my wrist so softly, he then brings it to him and runs his finger over the tattoo on my forearm.

"What's this?" He's running his fingers so lightly over the four dots.

"Oh, it's a matching tattoo with my other three siblings." I point at the last dot that is circled. "That circled dot is me, being the youngest. My siblings all have their dots circled depending on who's the oldest, middle, or youngest child." I smile.

He's still tracing over them circling my dot and everytime he does that goosebumps travel all over my body. Then he stops and lets go of my hand slowly. I look at him and god what am I feeling. I wish I had seen this side of Dom a long time ago. He looks at me, with that same look he gave me in the cafe. He makes me feel so special. This moment between us is nice, I want it to last forever. My phone rings and I snap back into reality, fuck. I look and see it's Emily so I answer.

"Hey Em," I look at Dom and smile and he smiles back. "Now?" I am a little annoyed. I groan and shut my eyes. "Alright I'm coming." I end the call and groan some more not wanting to stop hanging out with him. I get up and clear my throat. "Well I gotta go now, I had fun." He stands up and nods. I start walking and wave goodbye to him.