Chapter 14

3rd person's POV
Anne sighed as she walked inside the house with a lump in her throat, as she shut the door behind her, unintentionally slamming it.

She ignored that though and headed towards her room while dragging her feet, all she really wanted to do was lay down on her bed.

She passed Sprig and he frowned in concern and followed her, which she didn't notice.

"Anne? You okay?"

The brunette let out a humorless chuckle and said. "Fine and dandy."

Sprig frowned at her clear sarcasm, and he went to speak up, but she beat him to it.

"Sprig... Not to be rude but can you just... leave me alone for a bit? I really need some time alone."

The pink frog stared at her with sad eyes but nodded.

"Okay... I'll give you some space."

Anne gave a forced smile before heading to her room again, and she closed it behind her once she was in.

Sprig frowned as he stared at the closed door, Polly had walked up to him as she followed his gaze.

"Why are you just staring at Anne's door?"

"Uh... No reason." He muttered, trying not to expose any of Anne's problems.

"Alright, if it's really nothing, I'll just walk in her room and ask her." She stated, before walking towards the door.

Before she could get any further though, Sprig quickly blocked her and shook his head.

"No! She needs space right now."

Polly frowned in confusion but said. "Okay, you could've just said that."

He sighed in relief once she turned around and headed towards the living room.

He stood still for a second before glancing at Anne's door.

He stared at it before shaking his head and following after Polly.

To be continued...