Her Eyes

--- "Are you okay?" Will asked her as he watched her hands shake, balled in fists on the edge of the sink.

"I'm f-fine," She stuttered as she turned towards him, her eyes tight and a fake bright smile came across her face. He cocked his head to the side, analyzing her features for a moment. Tears were brimming in her eyes.

"What is wrong??" Will took a step forward, but she stepped away from him, twitching her face to the right, and immediately spinning around so she didn't face him. Her shoulders tensed as she briskly walked out of the kitchen, only making it to the hallway before she fell to her knees. Will ran to her, grabbing onto her as he felt her fall apart. She let out a deafening shriek as her hands grasped her face, tears flowing rapidly down her face. Will sat down next to her with haste, wrapping both arms around her and holding her there, trying to comfort her. She gasped for air as sobs interrupted her breath. Pain ravished through every fiber in her face as she cried helplessly.

"Do you ever think this is going to end?" She cried as she held onto Will's shirt. "Do you ever think that this horrid, miserable pain will stop?" She winced, and then began to weep as another wave of tearing agony ripped through her face. "It hurts..."

"I know," Will held her, feeling utterly helpless. What do you do when the girl that you care about is crying from an unsolvable problem?

She winced again, then let go of Will's shirt to hold her face as she let out another loud cry. The pain ripped through her cheeks, snatching the back of her eyes, blurring her vision and making them burn. Will pulled her closer, lightly brushing through her hair.

"Here-" He motioned for the couch in her living room, "Let's sit down." He picked her up gently, cradling her in his arms. She was so delicate, like a piece of crystal. Perfectly clear, innocent and fragile.

She must have taken her medication since her limbs began to relax, but it took about 20 minutes to have it fully take effect. Meanwhile, she had to sit there, writhing in pain. She curled up in Will's lap, letting her face sit on his heart.

"It's so peaceful-" She barely whispered, her medication beginning to drag her under a dull sleep. Will smiled, giving her the only comfort he could-- his heartbeat. She would cringe once in a while, the pain still coursing through her face.

When she was out, Will let his eyes rest upon her face, and he couldn't take it anymore. He slowly traced down her jaw bone, just soft enough not to cause any more pain. Her face was hot and swollen, and he could feel a thumping beat of her heart, but he could tell it was going down. That medication must have been very powerful, for she was completely knocked out within minutes of sitting down. She sighed, snuggling up closer into his chest. He smiled at her, just watching her silently. His fingertips ran up alone her jaw line, across her cheek, curving around her ear and brushing through her hair. That single motion released a burst of her perfume. Apple. It floated towards him, caressing his senses. Her hair was as soft and smooth as silk. It shined as it slipped out of  his fingertips and gracefully fell back onto her neck.

It appalled him that someone so small, so delicately beautiful could be in that monstrous amount of pain. And she dealt with it so well, with the glowing smile that was constantly on her face, you would have never guessed that she was a ticking time bomb just counting down until her next flare up. Will sighed, studying her features as she lay silently in his arms. There were dried tear stains on her cheeks, but peace was on her face. The medication she took relaxed ever muscle in her body, making her as though she was a rag doll with no muscle control. Her mouth was slightly open, a sign that she was totally asleep. Her lips were full and pink, her cupids bow arching perfectly. He brought his face close to hers, on the verge of kissing her, but stopped as it dawned on him at that very moment, something he had felt but never truly admitted to himself. He looked up into those closed eyes, the lashes still wet with tears, and he felt an over siege of emotion that consumed him at that second, and it hit him square in the chest.

He had fallen in love with her.

He wanted to take away the pain, to be there holding her hand as she goes under for the surgery that loomed over her head in the near future. He wanted to care for her, to hold her, to miss her when she was gone.

To love her.

He smiled once again, brushing the back of his hand against her cooling skin.

"I don't know if you can hear me..." He sighed, slightly laughing at himself. He must look like a complete fool. "I may seem like an idiot, but I just wanted to tell you... just once at this moment as it's burning on my tongue.." His lips touched hers as softly as if a feather touched her lips. "I love you." He said, backing away from her. To his surprise, her eyes sluggishly opened, and the glossy coating that shined over her eyes made him realize she wasn't all the way there, and probably wouldn't remember this later. Her hand slowly lifted, as if it weighed 100 pounds, rested gently on the side of his face. Will's skin burned as he let his eyes stare into the deep dulled brown eyes that lay in front of him. She smiled very slightly, barely enough to even notice, but her mouth moved, trying to form words at the pace which her medication allowed her to.

"Ii loove you tooo." She whispered as her eyes began to sag, fluttering open and closed. Will smiled, kissing her forehead softly.

"Go back to sleep, you need to rest...” He insisted as he set her head on his chest once more.

"Noo," She mumbled, "Noo I w-want to stay with you."

"I'm not going anywhere dear," He said as he watched her finally fall back into darkness, "I won't leave you."

 ---