Part III

“It’s not to give up.” Will stated obviously, looking at her, “Which you needed?”

She smiled as she looked at him with a face that had that she wanted to say something written all over it, but didn’t.

“Yes,” She said, “And man, are you curious about my situation.” She laughed as she turned at the stop light, “But I understand why. It’s a very confusing one.”

“Yeah? Can I have any hints?” Will began to let himself ask a couple questions.

“It’s not what you’re going to expect.” She said as she rolled her eyes up to the ceiling, “But I hope it doesn’t make you….uh….take off.”

            This took Will off guard as he scrutinized at her.

“Why would I run?” He asked sincerely.

“Because,” Her voice suddenly dropped, “This isn’t a normal every day situation.”

“I bet I could handle it.” Will puffed up in the chest.

“I can’t even handle it…” She whispered, turning again into a parking lot. Will clammed up after his quick statement in his mind, analyzing what she had just said. This was a bit more serious than he was thinking it was.

            Another song started, one that was in a different language, so she switched it, with a soft piano melody filling the car. She swayed back in forth, sucking up his voice as if it was the very thing that kept her going. Will watched her, smiling unintentionally at her. There was something about her that was captivating him, maybe the way she moved to the music or just the way it made her change. The sweetness from his voice over coated his senses, and he just let the time pass away as he stared at her.

Forgive me if I slip away, all that I’ve learned is lost and found. I promise you I’ll come back to you one day. Morning is waking up, and sometimes it’s more than just enough. All that you need to love is the font of your eyes, the font of your eyes…”

“The thing that I love most about Josh Groban,” She suddenly said as she broke away from the song, “Is that some of his songs make absolutely no sense. They have major double meanings to them that is all in your interpretation of it.”

“You really think that deep into these songs?” Will said as he chuckled.

“Yes…” She blushed again, looking away a little embarrassed.

“See, I never look that deep into songs,” He admitted, trying to smooth out the awkwardness, “But it’s interesting that you do. I bet it keeps you thinking a lot.”

She looked back at him with a bit of a confused look, and then Will realized how stupid that made him sound. ‘bet it keeps you thinking a lot’. He could have slapped himself across the head.

“It does, actually,” She finally smiled, “And it distracts me from everyday life. I guess you could say that Josh Groban is my escape from reality. And sometimes,” she paused for a moment as she got a sheepish look in her eyes, “I think he’s singing to me. I mean, wishful thinking, right?”

“I could see it,” Will replied as she turned off the car.

“And just in time to stop right before my favorite song,” She said as she climbed out of her seat. Will quickly unbuckle his seatbelt, racing to get out of the car to get next to her. He was surprised at how he fast he wanted to be by her, but just chalked it up to his curiosity for what she was going to tell him.

“Hello, welcome to Buca De Beppo’s, two for this evening?” The hostess asked as they walked in. She smiled sweetly and nodded, turning towards Will.