CHAPTER 2

I stood in the living room staring at a tall man also known as Mr.Scott. He had dark brown hair with deep brown eyes.

"Darling meet Mr. Scott." Father said .
Mr. Scott smiled "This must be your beautiful daughter Amelia and Mrs. Anderson." I smiled at his words and shook his hand."Please call me Mia".

The dinner flew by Mr.Scott was very nice and jolly man,we shared jokes and laughed. He told us about life in California and his family. He was telling us about how his wife kicked him and his son out of there house when they sat in front of the television to watch football.

Father laughed and said, "Well that's not the case here, Mia and Elise love football, in fact, Mia can play as well."

"You are a lucky man John. What I could give to enjoy and watch a game at home."

Mr. Scott looked around our dining room. His gaze stopped at one of my paintings on the wall. "This is a beautiful painting, the colors are so vibrant and meaningful." He said, gesturing towards the painting of a caged sparrow who looked longingly at the other sparrows flying.

"Mia made this painting. She is quite talented. In fact all these paintings and sketches in the living room and dining room are made by her." Father said proudly.

"Well your daughter has real talent John I can tell you that in fact I am looking for a talent like hers. There is a art high school in California who are looking for young talented artist who can present their work in the biggest art exhibition in California. My son also goes to Venus high."

"I'll take my leave John, Elise." Mr. Scott said nodding towards my parents "Mia opportunity knocks at your door once in a life time, and when it does, don't think twice just grab it. I am leaving in two weeks I could take you with me. Don't worry I'll make all the arrangements just give me a call tomorrow. Here is my card." He said giving me a business card. With that he gave my parents one final nod and went towards his car.

I was shocked and excited at the same time. This afternoon I was fighting with my mother to give me freedom and now I have an opportunity of a life time.

"Mia, you know we can't let you go it's too much of a risk. You are our only daughter we cant loose you. You are...."  Mother stopped looking at my already tear stained face.

"Mother please," I begged. "Please I have an opportunity of a life time. You are suffocating me. You can't keep me locked in this house. I am depressed. I hardly have any friends everyone thinks of me as a rich freak in school and all those trips to the therapist are exhausting and you have been taking me there ever since I came here from the orphanage and may be this is all the therapy I need." Saying that I ran to my room staring at the familiar bracelet on my hand and letting all those memories I try to stay away from, engulfing me.