CHAPTER 5

The flight seemed to take forever. As the time passed my nervousness grew  and so did the butterflies in my stomach. All I could think about was my new life in California. Would I fit in, would I be the awkward girl there, would  make friends?

By the time we made our way outside the airport I felt like I would throw up. I looked around for my aunt Mel and spotted her. She was making her way towards us with a broad smile on her face. A tall pretty girl with short blonde hair who was wearing a pink plain tank top and white short skirt was following aunt Mel .That must be Claire I thought. Suddenly shocked crossed Claire's face and her mouth dropped open I looked at her confused and then I realized she was looking at something or rather someone behind me.

I looked behind me and my breathe caught in my throat. A guy who looked like he walked out of a fashion magazine was walking towards where I was standing. He had blond hair and looked like he just got out of bed  .He had high cheek bones but that was not what made butterflies to dance in my stomach and my eyes go wide. It was his striking green eyes that looked so familiar but what really caught my attention was the blank look his eyes, a blank look which itself told that their are secrets behind it .It scared me because it was the same look I wore all the time. My reaction confused me I dated a lot of guys but none of them got this kind of reaction out of me I suddenly realized that the guy was making his way towards Max.

" Xavier" Max said warmly greeting him with a hug . "Meet Amelia Anderson,  the girl I was talking about ,the one who would be joining your school.

"Amelia", Xavier said smirking. Oh god his was was so deep and husky. "It would be a pleasure to have a hot girl like you in our school", he said not so subtly checking me out looking  and licking his red plum lips.

"The pleasure would be mine" I replied giving him a smirk of my own. "Its time to grace California with the beauty of England", winking at him I said ," call me Mia", enjoying his shocked expression. I turned towards aunt Mel who immediately pulled me in a hug.

"Oh Amelia look at at you. You look so beautiful. Oh and this dress looks lovely on you." Aunt Mel gushed. I was wearing a brown ruffle knee length dress which had pink dots all over it."Thank you aunt Mel", I said smiling warmly at her.

"Aunt Mel this is Mr Scott and Max this is my aunt Melinda Smith and her daughter Claire." I said gesturing towards aunt Mel and Claire who seemed to be in some sort of trance .

"Its lovely to meet you Mr Scott, thank you so such for this opportunity." Aunt Mel said. "The pleasure is all mine." Max said smiling." Mia is a lovely girl".

 Gesturing towards Xavier he said," this is my son Xavier he goes to Venus High as well."

"Yes I know Xavier was in a few of my classes" . Claire said speaking for the first time. Xavier simply smirked ."Come one Mia lets get you settled." aunt Mel said excitedly.

"Good bye Claire,  Xavier." I said smirking and winking. I turned around and followed aunt Mel smiling to myself hoping that my stay here would be as exciting as it started.

Picture of Mia and Xavier