PART ONE | Chapter One

DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE WARNINGS

~~~

"Sweetie, you have to wake up." Gwen is gently awoken by soft shaking. David, who was in his uniform, brushed his thumb on Gwen's cheek. "Aw... it's already morning?" Gwen looked up at him and smiled softly. "Mhm, come on, the campers are waiting." He leaned down and gently kissed her forehead. Gwen who giggled and pulled the blankets off her legs; sat up and stretched. David backed away and walked out of the room.

---

Gwen left her cabin in her normal outfit, only to be met with Space Kid running and tightly hugging her leg. She jolted, almost kicking the kid before she realized who it was. David ran behind him, panting.

"Good gosh-" He huffed. "Space Kid knows how to run!" Coughing, he put his palms on his knees. Gwen looked down at the crying child who rubbed his face back and forth on her shorts. She patted his head. "Where's your helmet?" Gwen asked and David raised a finger. "We can't find it." He tried to toughen up by standing straight and holding his breath. Gwen smiles and pulls Space Kid into her arms.

"I can go looking for it with him." Gwen walked up to David and kissed him, he exhaled roughly. "Alrighty-"

David walked the opposite way, and Gwen started heading for the tents. It wasn't uncommon for Space Kid to lose his helmet; it happened more than often. Either Nurf took it, or it rolled somewhere. Space Kid, who sniffed and huffed at his sobbing, clinched at Gwen's shirt. "David and I already looked over here! We couldn't find it!" He cried as Gwen rubbed his back. "Shh." Gwen yawned.

When reaching the area; she headed for Space Kid's tent and opened up the curtain. Scanning the area she closed the curtain and started searching around the tent. The sun was beaming through the trees, the morning fresh and new. The wind was cold and gentle as birds sang and squirrels hurried across the forest floor. On the first day of camp, Gwen had to admit it, she hated it. But she grew to enjoy the way it felt. It was better than sitting in an office and doing absolutely nothing, not only that, the campers were much more fun and entertaining than co-workers who snored louder than a passing train.

Behind the tent, she found the helmet, though there was a problem. She sighed and crouched down near the shattered glass. "We'll have to make a trip into the city, won't we?" She sighed and stood back up. She started walking back to Mess Hall to tell David.

"Why would we go to the city?" Space Kid stared at Gwen. "Well, I am assuming someone broke your helmet or it broke on its own. I know how rough you are on that thing." Gwen explained to Space Kid as he put his head on Gwen's shoulder. Walking through the green doors that lead to the Mess Hall, Gwen sat down Space Kid and he hesitantly started walking to a table. "David," Gwen walked over to the redhead. "His helmet is broken, we need to get another." Gwen crossed her arms and David faced her. "Oh gosh. Which camper was it?" "Dunno." Gwen shrugged. "It was behind Space Kids tent." She explained.

"But we checked there?" David blinked before looking at Nurf. "Do you think Nurf did it?" He looked back at Gwen. "Yeah maybe, I doubt he would say he did it." Gwen sighed and rubbed her forehead. "I hate this camp." She groaned and David stepped close, holding her arms. "No, you don't." He said with a soft smile. Gwen looked up at him and huffed a laugh. "Yeah, I don't." He kissed her and patted her back. "Come on, I bet QuarterMaster has a spare one." David starts walking away and Gwen stays back for a moment before sighing and following David.