Chapter 7

Patrick

It's been about 2 weeks since I last saw Ellen. We've been texting each other a lot and one time even talked on the phone, but since both our schedules are pretty busy we haven't had the time to meet up. I've been racing a lot and she's been working on the show.

It's a friday night, and the whole family is home, which is pretty unusual nowadays. Atleast it's unusual for the kids, but I'm not really complaining. It's nice to spend time with them over the weekends every once in a while.

We were all sat in the living room watching a movie when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that Ellen had texted. I opened up her message.

- Wanna hike in Griffith Park tomorrow? :)

I smiled and replied right away.

- I'd love to. What time?

- How about a morning hike? At 9? Is that too early?

- Sure thing! Just home chillin' in the couch this evening anyways ;)

- Same here.

- See u tomorrow at the trail then!

- See ya Pat <3

Was I dreaming or did Ellen just send me a heart???

~

The next day

I kissed my wife on the cheek.

"See you later." I said.

"You're going out?" Jill said.

"Yeah, I'm going on a hike with Ellen. I told you last night?"

"Uhm, no?"

"Oh? Well, anyways I'm driving to Griffith now."

"So.. You and Ellen huh?"

"Excuse me?"

"You guys hanging out again?"

"This is only like the second time. Why? You sound a bit mad Jill, something wrong?"

"No, I'm not mad. Although I'm a bit surprised.."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you went from having no contact with her at all for 5 years, to all of a sudden be best friends with her again."

I rolled my eyes.

"We're not exactly best friends again Jill.."

"Seems like it. And that's a bit weird if you ask me."

"If anything or anyone's weird right now, it's you." I said.

She scoffed.

"And I didn't ask." I added and walked out the door.

I drove up to the parking lot next to the trail we usually took when we hiked here back in the days.

I parked and saw her car pull up next to mine just seconds later. We smiled at each other through the windows of our cars.

I stepped out and was hit by a refreshing breeze. I then walked around my car and was also met by a gorgeous woman. I'm not even going to deny that fact, she really was gorgeous.

She giggled loudly and hugged my body tightly. I hugged her back and immediately felt something safe being spread throughout my whole body.

She was the first one to let go.

"It's been a while old man!"

"No cut that out immediately! You sound like Talula.."

She started laughing in a way where I couldn't stop myself from almost marrying her right there.

WAIT WHAT?!

I mentally panicked and wanted to move the thoughts I just thought away, as quickly as possible.

"It hasn't even been that long El, it's not like 5 years has gone by or something."

"True oldie, that's very true.."

"Will. You. Stop?!" I half shouted, half joked and started to tickle her.

She laughed hysterically.

"Stop Paddy! Stop!! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!"

I stopped and smirked at her while she tried to collect herself.

"Thank you very much.." she mumbled and I just chuckled.

"Let's go now." she said and guided me towards the trail, like I hadn't been here with her about a hundred times already..

We started walking on the path, playing catch-up on what's been going on since we last saw each other.

"Oh I forgot to tell you something!" she suddenly said.

"What?"

"Kate's in town!"

"Walsh?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh, that's nice! Have you had time to see her yet?"

"Yeah, I was with her a couple of days ago actually. It's a long visit so she's staying for about 3 more weeks I believe."

"That's cool."

"Wanna see her with me someday soon?"

"Sure! I'd love nothing more than being in the same room as my two lovely wives." I smirked.

Ellen giggled. "Shut up." she said and hit me playfully on my chest.

It felt really good when she did that. I almost started thinking about how I wanted her to touch me like that again, but was instead quick to laugh it all away. I didn't want to make my situation with Ellen more complicated than it had to be.

Our hike took about 2 hours. We kept talking the whole way and time flew by faster than I could imagine. All of a sudden we were back at the parking lot and standing beside our cars.

"This was nice." Ellen said and smiled genuinely.

"It really was. Great idea El." I said and went in for a hug. She hugged me back.

We let each other go, but with me still holding my hands onto her shoulders.

I couldn't even manage to think twice, on pure instinct I gave her left cheek a quick yet meaningful kiss.

I pulled away smiling and noticed a blush creeping up her face.

I smirked a bit when I realised I still had got an affect on her.

"I'll call you when Iv'e um.. talked to Kate." she said nervously.

"You do that." I said and smiled again.

"Bye." she smiled and waved softly while quickly hopping into her car before I even had the chance to reply.

"Bye.." I mumbled to myself.

She started backing her car out so I just hopped into my own car myself.

A/N
Wow I'm on a roll.. ;)