Chapter 39

"My husband always praise you." The Marchioness said. "He always include you in his letters." She smile at me. "That's why I feel like I've known you well too...."

"I didn't know about that." I whisper.

"To tell you the Truth your highness. I'm not really sure that you can lead them to victory—You are after all the Flower of high society...."

"I can't even imagine that you can fight or can wield a sword. You are a Princess who was trained to lead the Society that represent the Imperial Family. A Princess that makes everyone know their place. That's who you are before but then you changed."

"I won't blame you. My husband did it for the Empire and for me and for our child. But I just wished he can see Danzel for the first time but I know he doesn't have any regrets wherever he is right now." She smiled once again. A smile that will give you a comfort... But I'm too guilty to be comforted by her.

"If he just only follow my command. He would have seen his child.... I don't deserve your Kindness... I killed half of my men and that includes him."

"Your Highness, Now I see why he said that you're a wonderful but a broken soul."

I avoided her gaze and look outside the window.

"Your husband is so stupid." I said angrily ... "But I'm thankful that he's on my side."

The conversation that I had with the Marchioness Lucy ended up and now she's visiting me if She had time....

"Princess would you rather eat strawberry or have some money?"

What's with that trivial question? I look at Danzel... The Marchioness left him here... I can take care of children anyway... And Danzel was training swordsmanship with me and Lohan....

"Mom will chose money." Lohan answered while swinging his sword. "She's practical and beside she can buy strawberry if she have a lots of money. Right, Mom?"

I grin. "Hmm."

"I'm not asking you." Danzel glared at Lohan. "Princess, can you tell me about daddy?"

"Commander?" My heart aches for him.... "Your dad is a respectable and brave man." I said.

"He's a father figure to me." A word that I want to add... I just smile at Danzel.

"He would love to see you and hugged you tight... If only." I did not finish my words..

"It's fine! I'm sure daddy is proud of me. He's watching me." Nakangiting saad nito...

How can a child accept that ...

"Why don't we go on a treasure hunt?" Max Vince shifting the topic..."I know a place, ally."

"I want to go too, dad!" Lohan said. "Mom! Can I? Can I???"

A treasure hunt.....

"Ah. Sure."

Treasure hunt huh?

"Me too." Danzel run towards me... Leaving his sword behind.... "Me too!"

"It's not that dangerous place so the kids can go there too."

"Princess i want to go too!" I look down at Danzel.

"Will your mom agree?" I ask..

"That's why you will ask her, your highness." He smiled widely...

Danzel! You!!! I sigh....

"Fine."

"Sabihin mo kay mom, you will protect me, okay? Para pumayag."