Chapter 6- John Smith

ANASTASIA

After Mr. Hood had finished talking about the assignment, he allowed us to leave class early so we could learn about the time period we were supposed to be learning about.

John Smith and I were walking towards the library, John always keeping a cocky smile and prancing around everywhere. For someone who looked depressing, he sure was bubbly.

"Ya know, I consider myself an expert on the twentieth century."

holy hell his voice.

I looked over at him, a playful smile beginning to spark. "Oh really?" I pressed.

"Of time, really." He shrugged, running in front of me to kick a rock that was on the sidewalk.

I just smiled and nodded, returning my gaze onto my feet. I haven't been with him for ten minutes and he's already starting to piss me off.

He trotted back up to me, and by up to me, I mean he full-on slammed into me. He grabbed my right wrist with one hand while his other snaked behind my back to push me up so I wouldn't tumble to the ground.

"Sorry." He blushed, quickly removing his hand from the small of my back and his other from my wrist.

"Not a problem." I mumbled, even though of it had been anyone else, I would have stabbed him at least forty-seven times.

"The thing is you see..." he began, fumbling over his words and playing with his fingers in the process

I waited quietly for an answer.

"I get really clumsy when people doubt my time skills."

I stared at him blankly, and after a few seconds of awkward silence, he gave out a nervous chuckle.

He stepped back after awhile, pulling me towards the library since I walked "too slowly" apparently.

----------------------------------------------
COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE!

Sorry this is so short. It's disappointing how short this chapter is, I know, don't kill me.

I'll be working on the next one tomorrow (maybe even posting it) to make up for this atrocity.

I've been so stressed lately, which is why this is short. That sounds like an excuse but it's not.

I also have no idea what to call this fiction so....don't be surprised if I go through a couple of titles and such.

-El