Chapter 9

[Toneri's POV]

Eh?

Challenge? Me?

Wait wait wait, is this guy serious right now? Goto Yuji challenged me? This guy... He's so bold! It's so clear that everyone else in here knows it. He'll try to assess my power and compare me to him

I mean... I am pretty confident about my abilities. Is it arrogance? No, a strength I honed through fighting monsters and everyday training is there to back up my claim. Am I getting a bit too full of myself? Perhaps. But as I said earlier, I have the strength to back me up.

And as for what's happening right now... I know this would happen but I didn't know it actually would. When I took the chance on saving Hae-in, I knew I replaced Jin-Woo's place back there. But what can I do? I reacted too fast— faster than him and saved her. And when Goto Ryuji saw how I stopped a berserk Atsushi, I know he took some kind of twisted interest in my powers

And so, it all comes down to one question. Will I accept the duel? Let me find the cons and pros first. For the pros, I would get to show off, get respect from other hunters, and get to fight Japan's strongest hunter. As for the cons, Ryuji would try his best to lure me out and expose some of my jutsu. Overall, I think it's not that bad.

But this guy... He's been showing off his aura for the last minute... He's already showing off even before the match eh? WELL! I'll have no choice but to respond to his provocation right?!

"I accept." (Toneri)

?!

What the fuck was that?!

That was Japanese! How did I learn Japanese?! No, wait wait, when I first crossed over to this world, I could perfectly understand the Korean language, but I never did actually investigate how. And now, speaking to a Japanese person, the words I want to say got translated before exiting my mouth!

What is this? Is it perhaps one of Toneri's innate abilities? Or am I missing something crucial here? Think... Think... AGH! I'll think about this later!

Fight time!

[General POV]

Goto Ryuji, when he heard Toneri speak Japanese, wasn't actually surprised as the latter. He just assumed that Toneri once lived in Japan and can speak the language.

Regardless, even without the translator, he heard Toneri's answer.

But then...

"In one condition. We fight with all you've got. Deal?" (Toneri)

Of course, Toneri won't actually fight with all his have here. If he did, he's afraid that the earth would be sliced in half if he uses no more than 3 of his jutsu. Especially when he's in the Tenseigan Chakra mode which essentially just boosts all his abilities by 100 times. So what he will do is just try to restrain himself as much as possible. And that, well... That's the only thing he hadn't trained for.

When Ryuji heard Toneri's condition, at first he was shocked but that shock was quickly replaced by a slight anger

'Is this kid... Underestimating me?' (Ryuji)

As for the other hunters who heard, all of them exclaimed and wondered why Toneri would not only accept Ryuji's challenge but also fight him with his full power.

Ryuji scoffed a hit and looked at Shimizu at the spectator's corner

'Interesting... Since we have our S-Rank Healer, Shimizu, I guess I could wind up a little.' (Ryuji)

When Toneri saw Ryuji looking at their healer, he only had one thought.

'Is this guy serious right now?' (Toneri)