Chapter 10

[Toneri's POV]

"...MUTANTS BEING BORN AND TAKING OVER THEIR PREDECESSORS. WE CALL THIS EVOLUTION."

Currently, I'm watching the news everyone else in the country is watching. And yes, it's about the mutated monster ants in Jeju Island. Since the raid will happen tomorrow, I figured I'd relax a little. Kinda like the saying 'Calm before the storm' except I'm the storm. Why? Cuz I'll go on a full rampage on the raid.

Oh yeah, regarding yesterday. After my fight with Goto Ryuji, he was sent to the hospital to do some slight medical check-ups and heal his burns. As for me? Well, Tanaka, Kei, Shimizu, Ishida, and Natsumi went out to eat and invited me. But I just gave them the classic 'Daga Kotowaru' and left. After that, I went straight home, cleaned up, and continued my gate clearing which added more to my fame.

And here I am now, eating my meatloaf for breakfast. I like my meatloafs spicy flavor by the way.

'Maybe I'll try crab corn soup later...'

"...THIS CHANGE HAPPENED IN JUST 2 YEARS! AND THIS IS THE MOST RECENT, WHERE IT CAUSED HAVOC IN JAPAN."

The screen then changed to a picture of a massive red ant with slender limbs and a small head almost resembling a human head.

After that, people from inside the studio started asking questions to the guy speaking. Things like how strong it is, what its capabilities are, would other hunters stand a chance against it, you know... Those kinds of stuff.

As for online? Well, let me show you the tweets not only regarding the raid participants but a certain S-Rank Hunter who didn't attend

---

NuzDeets @NuzDeets01

I just saw the list of Jeju Island participants, why is Hunter Sung Jin-Woo not included?

8:04 AM

---

Venerable_Venyon  @Venyon

replying to @NuzDeets

Who knows? Maybe he has his personal problems? He wouldn't cower in fear, right? He's an S-Rank after all.

8:07 AM

---

AyushKashi  @WomenAreHardToUnderstand

replying to @Venyon and @Nezdeets

Would he even go anywhere just because he's an S-Rank? Once an E-Rank always an E-Rank. A coward.

8:08 AM

---

Lux @LuxNice

Replying to @WomenAreHardToUnderstand

Even the previously retired Min Beong-Gu joined... But Sung Jin-Woo?

8:10 AM

---

Donutaoist @DaoOfDonuts

Replying to @LuxNice and @WomenAreHardToUnderstand

Maybe we should wait... Maybe @Venyon is right, he may have personal problems.

8:12 AM

---

Vitamin Zucced @IGotZucced

I'm about to un-virgin the olive oil >:)

8:15 AM

---

So far, it's only been a discussion about how Sung Jin-Woo not attending the raid. Well, except that last guy. Disgusting.