052 - Possessive CEOs

Cody's POV

Running errand, that's all I did since morning. I'm not sure if the packages just came in a bunch or they piled it up so we can give out all at once.

Whatever it is, it's too much even for a total of 40 interns giving it out all over Crowdest. Some of them are so heavy that it needs two people to carry.

What makes it even complicated was assisting the girls out. I'm not trying impress anyone but I genuinely sympathize them.

All of them are in heels as it's the company's requirement for ladies and some wearing skirts. It would be difficult to undergo the task with those.

Just be real, it's the internship department's incompetence.

Interns in Crowdest must go through a scheduled task at least once every two weeks. The task is either warehouse clean up or package distribution.

It's a unique Crowdest's way of checking up their interns. Instead of arranging a program, they let us go down and dirty for the bonding part. Killing two birds with one stone.

Manipulative like its owner, right? I know.

Unlike the first two months, they would inform us a week or at least two days before the task so we could be aware of it and wear a suitable clothes.

These days, they just randomly post the task's tentative on the same day it was held without early notice.

They should at least be considerate to the girls. Working in suit is annoying enough, it would be a struggle for them.

But the other reason contributing to my exhaustion is Derek. Why?

It all started when I was assigned to send his package.

The word about me went up to see the CEO the first time spread out like a plague. Not just among employees but also interns.

They're so impressed I came out alive and didn't end up resigning. Since then, they keep giving me the CEO's packages every time.

I should've consider resigning.

Around 10 am, I delivered two of Derek's packages to Tara. I expect it to be quick until came a husky voice blaring on the intercom.

[Send it inside]

"Right away, sir."

[By the delivery man]

We look at each other with a complete opposite expression. Tara in amusement while myself is in despair.

"Tara..."

"He sought you. Start walking, Mr Kian." She grin.

I knew it'll take time to escape him so what I did was just open the door and leave it by it, down the floor.

Then turn to the CEO who already had his eyes focus on me that still feel intense despite our distance and wearing the infamous smirk.

"Your package, sir." Just as fast, I close the door and ran back down.

But Derek, he's too stubborn to discard me just like that.

I was taking a breath after delivering three heavy parcels to 25th floor when my phone rang and I had instant bad hunch as soon as I saw Darcey's caller ID.

She never calls during work time, she is that busy. Unless...

"Cody! Mr Collen, he asked you to send him the document from Mr Dalley."