008 - Like Deja Vu

[...me...location ride the...I just...ed...nothing else...ou~]

I heard my phone's ringing yet my head seems to refuse my action to wake up. My head's spinning, felt heavy when I try to lift it up. It's indeed a bad idea to drink the night before work.

[Oh, send me your location~]

My phone keeps on blaring the same song of my ringtone. Probably mom called to see if I'm awake yet.

*Beep*

"Honey, are you awake? You didn't reply my texts so I called to check. It's 8.43 in the morning. Better wake up if you haven't."

*Beep*

I never moved that fast before. Spring up as soon as I heard 8.43 from my mom's voicemail.

Is it really that late? I grabbed my phone beside my bed.

There's four messages from mom and ten missed calls. Ten? I checked the recent log. Seven again from mom and three from...

"Mr Deacon?!"

I tossed it somewhere around my bed and rush to the bathroom. No time to take a shower, the least I can do now is brush my teeth and splash some water to my face.

Wipe my face with a towel that I left near the sink carelessly and get out of the bathroom, another jog to the closet.

Searching through bundles of different color of suits yet all of it is wrinkly. I don't have time to iron it now. I'm really late.

I flip through all of it until the last suit I owned, revealing the soft pink suit that I've been avoiding not to wear for three weeks now.

I'm not ready to wear it just yet but this is the only suit that was ready to go for now since I've ironed it somewhere around those three weeks until it reminded me of him and decided to bail the idea.       

[Send me your location~]

I took a glance toward my phone from the closet which placed not far from my bed. It's Mr Deacon again from my office. I turn back to the suit.

"Fuck."

****

It's already 8.57 am by the time I exited my apartment. I can't take my eyes off my watch. I'm already an hour late for work.

It's a dumb idea to get drunk last night. Now I'm rushing with my hangover. I'm lucky enough I'm not drinking alone though or else I'll be chugging barrels of beer.

[Send me your~]

Oh my god. Mr Deacon again. He must be angry with me for being late. Here goes nothing.

"Hello, Mr Deacon. I'm sorry. I'm on my way to the office now." I said, hiding my short breath cause by the mix of rush and nervousness.

"Oh, it's okay. Take your time. And since you're on your way, can you please help us buy an iced caramel latte from Starbucks? There's one just across the road if you're wondering." 

"Oh, okay. Just one?" I said while running up the stairs to the main road.

"Yes. Sorry to trouble you when you're already running late. It's that we're on an emergency meeting now and he requested that for his drink. You're our only hope."

"Don't worry, Mr Deacon. I'll be there in a moment with the drink."

"You're a life saver, Cody."

With that, I ended the call and paid attention to my next stop before going to the office. This certain someone is really weird to crave something cold and sweet in the morning. Maybe she's pregnant or something.

****

I took a glance at my watch. It's 9.22 am. My heart beats fast with heavy breath from all the running.

I waited for 15 minutes for that fucking drink. Why does it took so long to make? Did they catch the caramel first or is it that they need to get the milk fresh from the farm in order to make this drink? I don't understand.

Whatever it is, I just got here and I'm sweating marathon.

[9th Floor]

I walked out the elevator and went straight to my desk to put my stuff. I realized that it's empty. They all must be in the meeting room as Mr Deacon said. I went and fixed my tie...

"Fuck!" I forgot to wear my tie and my ID card.

It's okay. They wouldn't notice if I cover it with my coat. Fixing my hair and wipe off my sweat a bit to hide the fact that I rush here. Then walk towards the meeting room.

The room was a translucent type of glass so I can see figures from the outside and it looks like someone was presenting their work in front. Thankfully, the door is at the back of the room so I knock onto it softly, waiting for permission to enter.

Some time later, I heard rustling towards the door and it agape, showing a familiar face of Mr Deacon.

He looked somehow tense and nervous but I choose to ignore it. Maybe they have an intense session considering it's an emergency.

I smile and stretched out the coffee to him but before he can grab it, came a demanding voice that made me almost dropped it.

"Here."

A single word but it's enough for me to recognize it's the arrogant filled man's voice. I forgot how to breathe for a second.

"Sir?"

"Let him bring it here, Mr Deacon."

"Yes, sir." Mr Deacon push the door so it's widely open. By now, I can clearly see him sitting at the very center of the meeting table with his legs crossed.

As soon as we made eye contact, that damn smirk I hate so much landed on his lips.

"Well, well. If it's not the pink guy again, who would it be."

Fuck.

Author's Note :

Hey peeps! The picture above was served to imagine Cody's suit but slightly pinker. Just slightly because the picture leans more to peach. Next is the progress of their interaction so stay tuned ^^