057 - 'My Precious Assistant'

Derek's POV

I woke up first by my own alarm and switched it off right after the third ring. I stretch my body a little before taking a glance to the little figure beside me. A chuckle voluntarily left my lips.

Cody was completely disappeared under the duvet that only his hair is showing, displaying his presence under it.

I grab the duvet and uncover the boy. He's still asleep, breathing in a stable pace with his lips slightly pouting.

The urge to kiss those lips was too hard to resist and I let myself act the way my head told.

I lean down and peck the plump lips, receive an instant grunt from its owner.

The peck only made him grunt a few times so I deepen the kiss. I lap on the once dry mouth before inserting my wet warm tongue into his hot cavern.

This time, his grunt become more intense than the last until he eventually seal his lips shut.

"Go shower first." He mumbled.

I thought he had woken up but he just threw his head to the side and go back to sleep. It made me chuckle.

Is this boy going to kill me with his cuteness?

I placed a kiss on those plump cheek before hugging him, nuzzling my nose on his chest.

Satisfaction wash over me as I sniff his scent intertwine with mine, thanks to the clothes he wore.

"Can we skip the meeting today?"

His arms that was once trapped in my embrace, made its way out and gave a slap at the back of my head.

"Ouch." It was just a tap actually. Nothing painful.

"Don't be ridiculous. There's a reason we're here and that's why."

The hands that slapped me are now playing with my hair as he talks, giving a gentle massage of my scalp.

"Can't we stay like this longer?"

"No, Derek. You can rest after but now, you gotta work. Where's the strict workaholic CEO go?" He chuckle.

I was asking myself too. Before, I never thought of going on vacation or holiday. I rarely had holiday unless I'm terribly sick and other than that is just work.

But everything change since I met Cody. Never crossed my mind that holiday could be as amusing.

If only I can abandon my work and be with Cody, I would in a heartbeat.

"Puff, sorry we couldn't get out yesterday. My work," sigh, "I should've drop some unprofitable project. It took more of my time than the major ones."

"Hey, stop saying that. You're fine. It's work and besides, it's an emergency. You can't avoid that when it wasn't in the plan from the beginning."

I sigh of contentment. The combination of his soft voice and his massaging hands brings me at ease.

My eyes felt heavy all of the sudden and eventually doze off with my face buried in his chest, hearing the boy's steady heartbeat.

***

"Are you nervous?" I asked, looking down at the lad beside me wearing a navy suit.

He gave a smile as an assurance but it only showed how uneasy he is. His lower lip is slightly trembling, not sure from the cold or the effect of his nervousness.

I reach for his hand, gave a light squeeze and smile, "Just stay by my side. You'll be fine."

He nod as an answer.