xx | i really, really like you

Hyun stood next to Nam-ra, calming herself down as she counted down in her head. Nam-ra held the now soggy ear plugs in her hand that miraculously stayed in.

The others around breathed in and out loudly, with Mi-jin's cries filling the room.

Still in shock, Cheong-san leaned onto a crate of equipment, collecting his breath. Dae-su hesitantly walked up to the boy, with his head hung low.

" Hey, Cheong-san.. I'm so sorry. "

" I didn't know it was your mom. "

" I'm sorry. "

Cheong-san started crying once more, as he slumped to the floor. On-jo followed along as she placed her hands around his neck, letting him rest his head on her.

Hyun turned around to see Su-hyeok leaning against the door. He noticed her gaze, smiling at the girl. She smiled back, taking her jumper off as she sat on the floor.

Nam-ra sat down on her left, and Hyun looked to the spot on her right. She patted it softly, looking up at Su-hyeok.

The boy raised his eyebrows in confusion and pointed to himself. ' Me? '  he mouthed.

' yes you. '  she mouthed back, nodding.

The two sat together in silence, while waiting for the others to fall asleep.

Now, Su-hyeok didn't want to fall asleep before Hyun did, as last time he ended up falling asleep on her shoulder, preventing her from sleeping.

Of course it didn't work as he fell asleep quickly, not even noticing when the girl held onto his hand, gently rubbing knuckles while he dreamed.

~

Nam-ra stood, looking up at the tiny window in the room.

" What is it? Do you see something? "

" The smell got stronger. " She replied.

Dae-su paused, before sniffing his arms, awkwardly looking away. " I don't smell anything. "

" I think they're all coming this way. The smell is really strong. "

" We.. we're trapped in here. There's no way to leave. " Joon-yeong stated.

" Don't say that. "

" But it's true. There is no way. "

" Whatever. Let them kill us if they want. " Dae-su sighed, standing up.

" Ha-ri. You didn't get a eliminated in the preliminaries, did you? " Wu-jin asked his sister.

" No. I made it. " She calmly replied.

" You had a tournament. Why did you come to the school? "

Ha-ri stayed quiet, looking to her feet.

" Are you her brother? " Mi-jin asked, shoving her hands into her pocket.

" Yes. So? "

" She got a perfect score. She made it onto the national team. I saw her. "

Wu-jin smiled, turning to his sister proudly.

" Really? "

" Yes, really. "

" Then you're really on the national team? Do mom and dad know? "

" How could they? Look at what's going on. She jumped out of the team bus and ran here to find you. Hey kid, you better be good to her. Be good to me too. " Mi-jin scoffed.

" Who is she anyway? Why does she keep speaking for you? " Wu-jin whispered

" She's my friend. "

This brought a smile to Mi-jin's face, as she followed up saying, " We're freaking besties. "

Dae-su then walked over to Ha-ri's direction, clearing his throat. Hyun couldn't bare to watch as she turned around facing Su-hyeok.

" He's confessing right now, isn't he? " He chuckled, looking over Hyun's shoulder.

" Yup. It's going to be awkward, so talk to me. Keep me distracted. " She directed, pushing his shoulder lightly.

" Can't you just ignore them? " He raised his eyebrow.

" It's a small room. I'll still hear them. "

Su-hyeok sighed, wrapping his arm around Hyun's shoulder. " Alright.. tell me about yourself. "

" What do you want to know? "

" Anything. Whatever you're comfortable with me knowing. "

Hyun paused, thinking of something interesting she could tell.

" Ok.. um.. my favourite colour's yellow. Specifically a light pale yellow. " Hyun answered.

" Yellow? really? I would think you're favourite colour's red or purple. " He chuckled

" Oh, I mean they're decent colours, but not my favourite. What about you? "

" Something about me? Okay.. well I like this girl. She's smart, funny, pretty, but she doesn't like me back. " Su-hyeok replied, looking down at the end.

" You're a great guy. She sounds stupid for not acknowledging you. " Hyun reassured, patting his shoulder lightly.

Su-hyeok pulled back his arm around her shoulder, rubbing his face with both hands.

" Hyun... " He whispered, peeking though his fingers.

" The girl I like is you. I really like you. " He admitted. " I've always liked you actually, but you've never noticed me. I suppose it's because I was always too shy to talk to you.

You never even looked my way before... but me, I'd look at you any chance I got. You were kind to me, lending me help when I couldn't solve a math question, you let me use your eraser when I told you I lost mine.

You comforted me that one time when I fell on the pavement, and scratched my knee. Do you remember that? In grade 1? That was the first time you ever introduced yourself to me, And I never forgot you.

I really, really like you. "