xxv | take cover

Don't forget to comment and vote!

" Fuck. Nothing is working out, We keep hitting dead ends. " Mi-jin complained.

" Be quiet. It's your fault Joon-yeong died. "

" Dae-su. Don't. " Wu-jin warned

But Dae-su didn't listen. " If you hadn't bitched at him earlier, he wouldn't have jumped out there. "

" Fine. It's my fault he died. Happy? Are you happy, asshole? "

" You give it a rest too. " Wu-jin sighed out, tired of their bickering.

" Dae-su. What does it matter who's responsible for someone living or dying? What does living or dying even mean? I have no idea! If we get out of here, is that living? Our friends died. Our moms and dads died. What's the point in living? "

" Do you want to die? Then will you die? Have you tried being serious? Do you even know how it feels to want to die? " Mi-jin asked

" Is it some badge of honor? "

" You try being one. You'll see what it's like. "

" You juniors, " Mi-jin looked at the younger students. " Better survive until next year and see what it's like being seniors. Survive until next year and tell me which is tougher, zombies or senior year. "

~

Hyun turned to Nam-ra who sat on the edge.

" Do you think we'll make it till then? " She asked quietly

" You may, I'm not too sure about me. " Nam-ra replied,

" Why not? "

" My condition's worse then yours, for whatever reason. You're able to control yourself. But I can't. I don't want to hurt anyone. It might be better for me to leave you guys. "

Hyun looked over to her with a nervous look, " Leave? You can't leave. It's not safe. Still, even if my condition isn't as bad as yours, I was still bit too. If you're leaving, then I'm leaving with you. "

" You shouldn't leave just because of me.. " Nam-ra said, looking to her hands.

" Well, it's either you leave, and I come with you. Or we stay and survive together. There's no other option. "

Nam-ra smiled at Hyun, before nodding.

" Alright.. "

" Leave? Who's leaving? " Su-hyeok curiously asked, entering the conversation.

" Oh, don't worry about it. No one's leaving. " Hyun smiled.

" Oh, alright then. "

Silence filled the atmosphere once more, when suddenly Ha-ri stood up.

" Mi-ji. Let's go. "

" What? Why? " Mi-jin questioned.

" Let's look for a spot we can jump off from. We're the seniors. "

" Whatever. It's not like they show us any respect. "

" I'll go this way, you go that way. " Ha-ri instructed, ignoring Mi-jin's protest

" Damn it. She's so cool. "

Mi-jin got up to look, but Su-hyeok blocked her way. " I'll go. "

" Stay down. "

" no. "

Mi-jin hit Su-hyeok's shoulder, but it didn't do anything, as he stayed in place.

" Why you.. " She raised her hand to hit him, and he backed up a little, almost bumping into Hyun.

" Sorry " He mumbled, before turning back around.

" Move. " Mi-jin sighed, before pushing him aside.

Su-hyeok stood awkwardly, before Hyun grabbed his arm and pulled him down.

" Just.. just sit down. "

~

While they were waiting, Hyun felt something odd. It's been quite a while since she's ate a full meal, and is getting really hungry.

A smell filled the air, catching Hyun's attention. What.. what is it? Oh man, I'm so hungry. I need to eat something or I'll die. I'm starving. What is that smell? She turned to her right, where Su-hyeok was sitting.

So that's what it is. No. No, Hyun. Don't eat him. Don't... oh but you're so hungry... No. Don't.

Hyun resisted the urge, when Nam-ra who was facing the same issue turned to her.

" What do I do... I can't help it. " Hyun whispered softly

" I don't know.. "

Footsteps were heard as Mi-jin and Ha-ri walked back to the group. Hyun shook her head, clearing the thoughts as she and Nam-ra snapped back to reality.

" I really think that's the only way out. "

" No. It drops into the basement on that side, and there are exposed steel bars. So we can't jump down. "

" That side faces the school, so there's no point. "

" The ground is filled with zombies, so we'll die if we go down. "

" There's a door on the first floor that leads to the mountain. I think we have to go that way. " Ha-ri explained

" But it's full of zombies in there. "

" Can't we reach the roof if we climb that and the windows? " Cheong-san asked, pointing to the boards above. " If someone goes to the roof and screams, the zombies will follow. Then it'll empty out and the rest can escape. "

" I think that will work. "

" No. "

" If that's the only way-- "

" I said no. " On-jo repeated. " Please, let's not have anyone sacrifice themselves. "

" I'm against it too. " Hyo-ryung agreed. " We need to survive together. "

" Me too. I feel the same. "

" So do i.

" Then let's wait for now. "

" And then what? Do you have a plan? "

" It might rain again, and then they'll hear us less. " Mi-jin suggested

" Who knows when it'll rain? "

Mi-jin sighed, before sitting down. " My knees are aching. I think it'll rain soon. " Look at the sky. "

It was clear, with no signs of rain clouds, nothing.

" It's too clear. ", Mi-jin nodded in agreement.

" Do you hear that? " Nam-ra asked, looking off into the distance.

" Hear what? "

" They're telling us to take cover. " Nam-ra replied, turning to face the others.

" Who is? "