Chapter Three

The crow landed on Master Kagaya's home and looked down at me expectingly. I stop in front of the door, taking in a deep breath before announcing my presence. I heard a soft 'come in' and proceeded to enter only to come face to face with Uzui and three women.

Uzui broke out into a grin "Y/N! Looks like we have a mission together!" My eyes widen "Why you....?" The women behind him gasped but one approached me with a stern look. Her blonde bangs sway as she walked towards me.

"Now that's not how you treat your future husband!" I was dumbfounded, she turns to Uzui and points at me "Are you sure you want to make this one your fourth wife? She's pretty rude!"

"What? Wife?! I didn't agree to become his wife!" All three of the girls looked at me like I was insane. The blue eyed girl spoke up "but he wouldn't lie about this!" Tears were welling up in her eyes "he wouldn't...."

A hearty chuckle could be heard and everyone turned to the man himself "Well it is true that y/n has not accepted any of my proposals but it just means I need to try harder!" A girl with purple eyes leaned towards me to whisper "He has a hard time taking no for an answer. I'm sorry" she pulls away and gives me an apologetic look. I smiled in return but a throat being cleared brought us back to reality.

There was a mission.

We all bow to the Master. "My children, I hope you are all doing well today." I look up at Master Kagaya, though he is blind, his eyes held a kindness in them. "I hope you're doing well Master." He smiles softly as I spoke to him "Y/n, I'm grateful you have joined us today. Rengoku spoke highly of your skills and I believe this mission will be good for you."

The anticipation was killing me. 'My first mission....I'm guessing he's sending me with a hashira to make sure everything goes well and to report back if anything goes wrong.'

"You will be going to the Entertainment District. Rumor is that there is an increase amount of ashinuke happening. We need to confirm it's not a demon"

"Sir, this is Y/n's first mission, what is the likelihood this work is due an upper rank?" Master Kagaya's smile faltered "If this is the case, I need you all to leave immediately. Uzui, I'll send another hashira to back you up" Uzui looked down "I understand"

My anticipation now turned into fear. What is the likelihood we do come across an upper demon? 'Am I strong enough...?'

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked to my right, purple eyes stared back into my green ones. "Everything is going to be alright. Lord Tengen will keep us safe" the other two girls nodded in agreement and Uzui smiled confidently. "It wouldn't be very flashy of me to let my future wife die now would it!"

This was getting annoying. I gritted my teeth as I clenched my fists "Uzui...NO MEANS NO" everyone flinched except for Master Kagaya, he chuckled quietly to himself as he listens to the bickering that now erupted in his home.