Chapter 27

It was the night of the Ball and Ophelia started to dredge the night more as it approached and she hadn't seen Jophina. She was worried that if they were going to get her out tonight that she wasn't prepared for it in the sense that she wanted to know and not be surprised.

She was going around directing some workers around to make sure that everything would be ready in time since she really wanted to come off that she wanted to be with Leo even with all the faking she was doing.

"Ophelia you are not ready." Leo was shocked by what she was doing. "Go upstairs and get ready. I do not want you to be late for this." He pushed her towards the stairs then started to scream at the workers that they were doing everything wrong. Ophelia felt bad for them but couldn't do anything.

As she opened the door to her room Phoebe was in there pacing.

"I was wondering when you were going to come up here. I got so worried that if I left you would get here and it would be a circle trying to find each other." Phoebe had panic in her voice.

"It's okay, I'm here now." Ophelia smiled at her.

Phoebe got the dress ready as Ophelia got into the undergarments that she needed to wear for the dress. She and Phoebe put on the dress and got her ready with hair and makeup.

"You look like a goddess." Ophelia blushed at Phoebe's comment.

A knock on the door made Phoebe jump a little but she went to go answer it. Leo strutted into the door.

"Ophelia you look divine. Let us go down to the party." He put his arm out and Ophelia took it.

They descended the stairs with everyone looking at them. Ophelia scanned the room trying to see if anyone from the ship was there and could give her answers of if she would be finally leaving.

She didn't see anyone, but she kept on the smile she had for the crowd.

***

Most of the time Leo would not let her leave his side. She had to be glued to him. No other man was allowed to dance with her. She wanted to get away from him for a while but he wouldn't let her leave.

Ophelia was looking around the room when she saw something. She looked hard at the person who was a server. It took Ophelia a second to recognize that the server was Ulyssa.

"Leo, I need to go to the ladies room." Ophelia tried to use the line to get away to go talk to Uylssa. "I'll have to go find Phoebe to help me."

"Okay, but do not take long and no dancing with anyone either." He told her.

"I will be as quick as possible." She said and darted towards the kitchen. She went to the doors to the kitchen and slowly moved through them making sure that the guests did not see her.

Ophelia turned to look into the kitchen to see all the staff looking at her like they had done something wrong. The one who wasn't looking at her was Ulyssa.

"Ulyssa." Ophelia called. She turned and looked at her with a scowl.

"He isn't coming for you. He changed his mind. You aren't worth the trouble this is all going to cause." The words were filled with venom.

"I don't believe you." Ophelia said to her.

"Then why aren't your friends here and it's just me." She paused. "Since I'm the only one that will tell the truth to you."

"You have never told me the truth, you just hate me because he doesn't look at you like he does me."

"Then why aren't you with him already then? Plus you look really cosy next to that man who has made my man's life hell."

"He's not your man, and this is all an act. I am biding my time until I can get back to my man." Ophelia's voice started to rise, she was getting tired of her shit.

"Just think about it. You will not ever leave this planet." Ulyssa said then went back to work the rest of the Ball.

Ophelia stood there trying to not let what Ulyssa said to her affect her. Tabnam wouldn't have kissed her the way he did if he never wanted to have her. Taking a deep breath to relax herself to go back to Leo and act like nothing happened.

***

The party was coming to an end and the dress was hurting more than her hips. Her back was struggling to help hold the weight. She wanted to take off the dress so badly and soak in hot water.

"Tonight, I think it is time that we start sleeping in my room." Leo told Ophelia after the last person had left. She looked at him in shock. Since she did not expect him to pull that on her right after the Ball.

"I was hoping to soak for a while before bed." She told him honestly hoping that he will let her stay in her room.

"You can always use my bathroom to soak in before bed." Ophelia felt her heart sink to her feet.

"I will take too long. Let me be in my room tonight to relax my aches." She hoped that he would drop the idea of going to his bed.

"If you really think that being in your room tonight will be best you get tonight then tomorrow you are in my room." He said before he left her standing at the bottom of the stairs.