Avi's Advice

"So Natasha offered me my job back yesterday," I said to my mother the next morning as I drank my coffee, and she packed lunch for my father and herself.

"Do you want to go back?" She asked.

"I mean, they are offering a decent amount of money, and Todd won't be a problem anymore. She is divorcing him. The only issue is...." I stopped. I wasn't sure I wanted to tell my mother about Tash and Tosh working as planners for Adam and Chloe's wedding. I didn't want her to write off the idea of me going back to work.

"What's the issue?" She asked.

"Uh, that I start the certification program in a month," I said.

"Talk to them about it. Maybe you can work part-time like you did before. Aren't most events at nighttime anyway?" My mother reminded me.

"Yeah, good point. Okay! I think I have a job lined up!" I beamed, and my mother returned my smile 10 fold! Never mind that I might have to go through the painful process of planning my ex's wedding, but beggars can't be choosers. Plus, if I asked  Natasha and Anna to take me off the wedding, I was sure they would.

"And things with Deep went well last night?" My mother asked, switching gears. I guess she was trying to solve all the problems in my life before she left for work.

"Yeah. I am going to see him again tonight." 

Today bright and early, before even the sun was up, Deep had texted me saying we really hadn't had an official date, so he wanted to take me out to dinner.

"Okay! Good. He is only here for a week. Make the most of it." She advised.

"Sure. When are you heading to work?" I asked.

"Leaving now. I..um... Miss. Chloe is moving into the pool house today, so I have to helo with that." She hesitantly said. "I uh...Just wanted to let you know if you were still thinking about him. He is moving on."

"Mom, you don't have to give me updates on his life. I saw them yesterday. I think they were there to look at the venue. I am well aware that he has moved on. I am trying to do the same!"

"Okay, good."

I let the news that Chloe would be sharing the same bed I was sleeping on just a few months back sink in. This one hurt a lot harder than I expected, but I knew there wasn't much I could do to fix this, so I concentrated on creating a distraction and called Avi.

"Hello, stranger!" I said.

"Hey! Who is calling who a stranger?" She commented through the phone.

"Sorry, things have been crazy here. My mother has been on my case." I gave her an excuse. "How are things going with you?"

"Good! My mother-in-law went to India for a month! It's been bliss. What's going on with you? Still, working with your dad? You never did tell me why you quit your city job? Or Adam's place?" After everything had happened, Avi was the first person I wanted to call the next day. However, I still felt guilty. I put everything I was going through last time on her. This time I had my mother on my side, so I just wanted to tell Avi all the good things happening to me.

"Forget all that. Guess what I am doing today?"

"Going clubbing? Eloping? Something else that's so exciting that I can't guess because I am too boring."

"The second guess is close... I am going on a date...with Deep." I said with a few pauses to add to the mystery.

"No way!" She exclaimed so loudly I had to push the phone away from my ears. "When did all this happen?"