Chapter 14

Please don't go crazy on me when I say that Clark was being kind of hypocritical for being so hard on Jonathan for this mistake. I get that Jonathan lied, but he did it to protect someone he cared about. I wonder where he learned that from. And yes I'm aware that it's two different situations, but still, you'd think Clark would be a bit more understanding. Don't rant at me about that, I just thought I should point that out.

Also, does anyone else think that writers spent too much time focusing on Jordan's relationship with his parents and not on Jonathan's. Maybe if they'd paid more attention to Jon, he wouldn't have gone down the path he did. That's just something that kind of annoyed me. Especially since neither Clark or Lois seem to be able to own up to their errors too.

To say Jonathan was surprised when he came home to find his Aunt Lucy sitting in the living room talking to his parents and grandfather was a surprise.

"Jonathan." Clark said, being the first one to notice him.

"Hey." Jonathan said a bit awkwardly.

"How was practice?" Lois asked.

"It was good, Coach is working hard to get us whipped into shape before the big game. But I think that there's clearly something I'm missing." Jonathan said, nodding over to his aunt.

"Yeah, she showed up earlier today with your grandfather after Superman saved them both from nearly being killed." Lois said with a smile.

"Does that mean that she's going to be around again? Because I have to admit, it would be nice to have two aunts again instead of just one." Jonathan said.

"I'm sorry, who's this other aunt?" Lucy asked and Clark chuckled.

"My cousin Kara. She's the only blood related family I have left and the closest thing I have to a little sister. She's another aunt to the boys, but she's not taking your place." Clark explained.

"Good. And I look forward to seeing you play Jonathan and I want to hear all about the team." Lucy said.

"You got it. It'll be nice to actually have someone to talk to about football who won't give me a blank look besides grandpa." Jon said.

"Maybe later you can show your aunt your skills." Clark suggested.

"I'd love that." Lucy said, eager to make up for lost time.

"Have you heard from your brother at all?" Lois asked.

"Not really, I mean I just got home from practice. I can head over to Lang's, see if they're there if you'd like." Jonathan offered.

"Thank you Jonathan, but it sounds like I need to go scare the hell out of your brother, so you can stay put and catch up with your aunt." Lois said as she got up.

"You're really letting her do that?" Lucy asked Clark.

"You remember how Lois was when she was pregnant with the boys. It wasn't until the doctor ordered on bedrest that she finally started taking it easy and even then, it was under protest." Clark said.

"Just imagine how she's gonna be when the pregnancy hormones kick in, especially since you can't hide here like you did last time." Sam said with a chuckle.

"Wait, you did that?" Jonathan asked his father.

"Trust me, when you see how your mother gets during that time period, you'll understand." Clark said.

"Okay, I think I'm gonna go call Aunt Kara and see if I can stay with her until the baby's born, just to dodge that bullet." Jonathan said.

"Nice try. If I have to suffer through that so do you and the same goes for your brother. Besides, we've still got a few months of your mother being normal before the mood swings kick in." Clark said.

"Maybe I should've waited until after she gave birth to make amends." Lucy said and Sam and Clark both nodded in agreement.

"Come on, she can't be that bad." Jonathan said.

"He won't believe it until he lives it." Clark said.

"You sure you want him and Jordan to be scarred for life by something like that?" Sam asked.

"It'll help them prepare for what to expect after they get married and have kids of their own." Clark said.

"Anyways, Aunt Lucy, are you really here to stay this time?" Jonathan asked and Lucy smiled.

"Yeah, I am. I mean, your mom and I still have some issues to work out, but I'm not going anywhere." Lucy said.

"She's going to be working with me at DIA." Sam said.

"Wait, is he allowed to know about that?" Lucy asked.

"Technically no, but then again, neither is Clark or your sister, so we make an exception. One thing I learned from all the mistakes I made raising you and Lois was that keeping secrets causes nothing but problems." Sam said.

"Uh dad, can I talk to you in private?" Jonathan asked and Clark nodded, since he had a feeling that he knew what Jonathan wanted to talk to him about.

"Yeah sure." Clark said as they left the living room and went into the kitchen.

"So, does what Grandpa said apply to your secret?" Jonathan asked and Clark nodded.

"Yeah, that's why your mother wants your brother home now. She wants the whole family together before we tell Lucy the truth and since Sam's right. Keeping secrets from the people we care about doesn't help anything." Clark said.

"I'm guessing you learned that after seeing how keeping your secret from Jordan and I blew up in your face." Jonathan asked and Clark nodded.

"Yeah. And Jonathan, I just wanted to take a second to tell you just how proud I am of you." Clark said.

"For what?" Jonathan asked.

"I know that things haven't been easy for you since we moved here from Metropolis, but you've managed to adapt as best you can and I also know that I haven't been there for you as much as I should be, I've been too focused on Jordan." Clark said.

"It's fine dad, Jordan needs your attention more than I do since he's the one who got your powers. Besides, I have Aunt Kara to turn to if I need someone and you and mom aren't around to help." Jonathan said as he grabbed an apple from the fridge before heading back into the living room, leaving Clark feeling bad that he'd made his own son feel like he needed to reach out to someone else when he had a problem.

"Lois, what a surprise." Lana said when she opened the door to her house to find Lois waiting.

"Hey Lana, is Jordan here?" Lois asked.

"I thought he and Sarah were at your place." Lana said as they both quickly realized what that meant.

"Okay, I'm going to call my dad, see if he'd mind pulling out a few of the tricks he used to track me down when I was Jordan's age." Lois said, since she didn't want Clark to break his promise to the boys to never spy on them with his powers, plus she didn't want him to see something that he couldn't unsee.

"And then I'm assuming we're going to be killing our children." Lana said.

"If they're doing what we think they're doing, oh yeah. I honestly thought that Jonathan would be the kid I'd need to worry about this with." Lois said.

"Sounds like Jordan's more like his mother than we thought, since I've lost track of how many times Clark refused to do anything like that when we were younger." Lana said.

"Yeah, I really don't want to hear about any of that." Lois said and Lana nodded as Lois pulled out her phone and called her dad.