007

Over the next few hours, they gathered things they needed and things they wanted. Jungkook was debating whether to throw Hae-Chun's things away or give them to her since they were on good terms now.

He decided to keep them and meet up with her to give them to her. He didn't want to be that petty and throw her things out.

He instructed the movers to put her boxes in the garage while he helped them carry some of the stuff in. "Can I help?" Jin offered the mover. "Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want your Appa to think we're loading the work on you." He giggled while ruffling Jin's hair.

"But — He'd understand. He taught me to be kind, and I'm offering my kindness by offering to help you move the boxes. The quicker we get done, the quicker you can get home." Jin winked and the mover laughed at him.

"I see you don't give up," He giggled. "Fine, if your dad says you can help, then it's alright with me."

"Okay, I'll go ask him right now!"

The mover laughed. He obviously grew fond of the young 13-year-old. He found Jin adorable. "Appa, can I help the movers?" Jungkook grabbed Jin and sat him on his lap. "No, some of the boxes are heavy and I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'll get the light boxes then, please!" Jin jutted out his bottom lip and showed him the puppy dog eyes, which Jungkook couldn't resist. Jungkook gave in to Jin's cuteness and said, "Okay, you can help with the light boxes. But you have to be careful, alright?"

"Yay! Thank you." Then he kissed him and jumped off his lap and ran to help the movers.

**

Everything was unpacked and in its correct place. Hae-Chun's boxes were still in the garage. Jungkook didn't know why he was still worried about the boxes, but his curiosity was piqued. He turned on the light and walked through the hallway connecting their garage to the French manor house.

He opened her box and found a variety of things inside. He kept digging until he found a dusty book. He blew at the book and a few dust particles flew into his face. He coughed and waved his hand in front of his face to get the dust away.

He realized it was her diary, so he started to read it. He found out that she wrote about her dreams and aspirations for the future, as well as her feelings about him and their marriage. He was touched by the sincerity and intimacy of her writing and it made him feel weird. He quickly closed the diary and shoved it into his back pocket.

He kept looking through the box and found some of Jin's baby pictures. He smiled in awe and sat them aside.

He kept digging through the box and found her wedding ring. The ring was so pretty, she stopped wearing it after a few years though.

He was surprised at how many valuable things she had, at least to him they were valuable. He closed the boxes and taped them back shut, he got everything he sat aside, and took it into their house.

A smile spread across Jin's face as he rubbed the back of his hand over his eyes and asked his father, "Appa? Can I sleep with you?"

 Jungkook reached his arms out and Jin ran and plopped on the bed. They both felt a sense of security and comfort as Jungkook held him close. The duvet covers provided an idyllic cocoon for them to share a moment of closeness.

**

a/n: i keep procrastinating when i write chapters.