Chapter 1

The sound of an EKG brought him back to conscience.

  "Mr. Souta? Mr. Souta, can you hear me?" A woman's voice rang in his ears.

  "His eyes are moving, but he's not showing any other signs of movement. Could he be paralyzed?" A male voice this time.

  Chiharu was lying on something soft, which he quickly deduced from the EKG was a hospital bed.

  "I wouldn't be surprised. After the injury he received and the amount of blood he lost, he may just be a vegeta-"

  Chiharu shot up in one quick movement. "What happened? Why am I in a hospital?" He asked bluntly as he looked around. It wasn't long before the memories came back. "Oh, right," he muttered, looking down at his stomach.

  There was no sign of injury or anything.

  "So, I'm alive?" He asked as he looked at the male doctor.

  "Why do you seem disappointed by that fact?" The doctor smiled meekly.

  "Mr. Sota, try not to move too much or make harsh movements for a few more minutes. You just had an incident. The Nano Bots are still patching up your insides." The female doctor explained.

  "Accident?" He looked at the female doctor. He opened his mouth to explain but quickly remembered it truly was an accident.

  The man hadn't known he was Human until it was too late. Sure, he ran from the scene, but Chiharu couldn't blame him for that.

  "Really, it's my fault for trying to help her." He thought to himself. He knew that, as a Human, it was best not to involve himself with Aliens or Demi-Humans for reasons like what had happened.

  "Do you remember anything? Like what the man looked like?"

  "....No." He averted his gaze as he replied.

  "What was that pause for?" The male doctor sounded disgruntled as he glared at Chiharu.

  "Do you really not remember?" The female doctor asked as she stepped in front of the male. What about the girl who carried you here? The one you tried to help? Do you remember her?"

  "Carried me here?" Chiharu blinked slowly. He didn't remember that. He only remembered her running off with the man who had attacked him. "....Not really."

  "He's definitely lying, I can tell." The male doctor grumbled.

  "Nice work there, Watson." Chiharu thought with a scowl.

  He didn't care to put an innocent man to death. Not that he felt sympathy or anything for him. He just knew that if he said anything, he would have to go to court for the hearing. And that was a waste of time and peace.

  He watched as the Nano Bots exited his pores, meaning they finished their job.

  "Well..." the female doctor looked at the male. "All that matters is that you survived." She looked back at Chiharu.

  "I suppose so," he mumbled.

  "You say you don't remember her, but the girl you tried to help is waiting in the common area. She wants to thank you."

  "Tsk, you could at least say that I did help."

  He may have been one-punched, but you had to give him at least a little credit for trying, right?

  "Uh-huh," the female doctor looked at her clipboard and flipped a paper. It was obvious she had better things to do than speak with him. "She said she wouldn't leave until she got to thank you. Do you want us to let her in?" Chiharu looked at the name tag that was on her left breast.