Chapter 2

“Looks like you’re stuck with me, Mr. Souta. Gosh, such a human name.” Nakano remarked.

  “Shut up, kitty cat.” Chiharu snorted as he began walking past her. "You can go ahead without me. I don't need an escort."

  “Really? But what if a bug flies into you? You might break a bone or two.” He ignored her as he continued down the halls.

  "Wait a second," he started in thought as he walked. The cat girl had preoccupied him, but also because he was hospitalized. So, it hadn't even crossed his mind that he had missed the entire first day of school. "Eh, whatever. It's not like I missed anything important. I'll just have to explain to Ito."

   “Tsk," he clicked his tongue. "Why’d I have to go help that stupid cat girl?" He scratched his head. “She is cute, though...even for a Nekomorian.” He mumbled. “She’s got the perfect body, too. Though everything else about her turns me off. Whatever.”

  He spoke aloud without realizing it. A grave mistake indeed, as Nakano behind him heard every word.

  Her face flushed red as she pressed her hands to her face.

  "Perfect body? So, he does like my boobs. He likes me! Yay! Wait...what about me turns him off!?" She glared at him from behind. "You can't say I have the perfect body and that I turn you off in the same sentence. It doesn't add up." She pressed a finger to her cheek in thought. "Heh. Well, if something about me turns him off." She leered at the back of his head. "I'll just have to make everything about me turn him on."

  He definitely screwed up. Little did Chiharu know, but his bad habit of speaking thoughts aloud would get him into a world of trouble.

  "I'm glad she isn't following me." He thought, assuming that the fact she wasn't talking meant she was gone. He didn't even bother to look behind him to see if that was the case.

  As he walked the halls, he received several stares from everyone—all looks of pity and some of curiosity.

  "Being a Human sucks in this world, but there’s nothing I can do about that." He thought.

  Being the last Human made him feel unique in some way. Not in a good way, but unique, like he was a rare species, which he was.

  That was the reason for the looks of curiosity. They wondered how he made it in this world. It was difficult, but he managed. 

  “Hey! Where are you going, Mr. Souta?” A familiar and annoying voice called out to him from behind.

  "Damnit. She's back." He ignored her and started walking faster.

  “Hey, don’t speed up! Do you remember what happened last time?"

  “Leave me alone.” He grumbled without looking back. “I told you, I don’t need an escort.”

  “But what if a bug—”

  “You’re still on about that?!" He finally snapped forward a second and turned to face her. She bumped into his chest and pressed her hand to him before looking up into his eyes.

  "Heh. No male can resist when a woman is this close and making physical contact. I finally got a reaction from him, even if it was annoyance. That means I can get others out of him."