Training the child of the red haired pirates: part 2

Months 1-6 part 2
Lesson 2: scouting
Narrator POV

After many hours of learning how to cook with Lucky, Jade found herself fatigued but there was no time for resting. Yassop had approached Jade where she was resting on her hammock.
Yassop POV

As Jade appears in my view I grumble at her " There's no time for resting when there's work to be done on the Red-haired pirates ship". I twist the hammock upside down and watch as Jade falls onto the ground with a large THUMP. " I'll be waiting at the mast, you have one minute and if your a second late you're going back in the barrel". I chuckle heading up on deck
Jade POV

I yelp as I hit the ground, rubbing my head I stand up and quickly head for the main deck. I climb to the top of the mast and say to Yassop " You know you don't have to be so rude!" Yassop turned to me giving me a cold stare, it was such a menacing stare that I gulped and got nervous. I say nervously " So....what are we doing up here?" Yassop replies with " You're gonna learn to scout for new islands and if you have a problem with that...." I quickly reply with " Yeah, yeah I know. Back in the barrel I go", rolling my eyes. Yassop crosses his arms " What's the first thing you notice looking out onto the sea?" I look really hard and notice a flock of birds in the distance, I point while squinting my eyes " Well the first thing I notice is water" I said with a sly grin " But I believe there are also birds in the distance that seam to be circling." I heard a slight hmph from Yassop " Good you have a keen eye, that's exactly how we found you". Yassop turns to me and says " Birds tend to circle objects they can rest on or that have potential food they can eat, like small critters". Yassop grabs the string attached to the bell and starts ringing the bell very loudly which signals the crew that there is an object in our course. Yassop says to me " It's important for a scout to notify his crewmen that there's something in the direction we are heading so all crewmen can be prepared for what's to come. Now join the lower deck so Ben Beckman can show you how to navigate the ship towards objectives".

I grab a rope that hangs down and goes all the way to the top deck, I turn to Yassop, "Thanks for the lessons old man Yassop, but taking the boring way down ain't my style." I run off the mast with the rope in my hand and swing down to the top deck. Yassop quietly says "Damn kids these days, I hope Usopp isn't that reckless".

As I'm swinging I have my eyes closed and feeling the wind blowing through my hair and then BANG! I hit the top deck and look up with a large shadow casting down over me. "It's Ben Beckman I hit!" I yelled.