☂9☂

The following day Five and Zero made their way up to the prosthetics building and into the lobby. The two stood there waiting for someone to come and talk to them to see what they could figure out about the eye Five had carried around with him for the past forty years or so.

"Uh, can I help you?" A man asked as he walked over to the boys, the confusion and curiosity written all over his face.

"I need to know who this eye belongs to." Five immediately replied, holding up the glass eye and walking closer to the man.

"Where did you get that?" The man asked, looking at the two boys.

"What do you care?" Five asked harshly.

Seeing as the man didn't budge, Zero spoke up, "We found it at the playground, actually?" Then, with a shrug of his shoulders, he said, "Uh, must have just... popped out." Zero continued with a click of his tongue.

"We wanna return it to its rightful owner." Five said, catching on to what Zero was doing.

"Oh... what thoughtful young men." The receptionist said with a kind smile.

"Yeah." Five said with a smile, "Look up the name for us, will ya?"

"Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential." The doctor told them. "That means I can't tell you-"

"Yeah, I know what it means." Five snapped, irritated.

"But I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just-" The doctor said, reaching for the eye, causing Five to move back defensively.

"Yeah, you're not touching this eye." Five told him a little unhinged. Zero eyed his brother, noticing that his behavior was becoming more unstable ever since the night before; he wondered if it had anything to do with his time spent alone or with the Commission.

"Now, you listen here, young man-" The man started before Five grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him down, "No! You listen to me, asshole."

"Five sto-" Zero tried to say before Five shot him a glare that told him he would die if he finished that sentence, so the boy did the only logical thing and backed off.

"I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend. So just give me the information I need, and I'll be on my merry way. And if you call me 'young man' one more time, I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall." Five threatened.

"I would do what he says; he's crazy." Zero told the man pointing at his own head and spinning his finger in a circular motion.

"Oh, dear." The receptionist said as she reached for the phone. "Call security." The doctor told her. While the receptionist dialed for security, Five glared at the doctor before letting go and pushing him away.

Zero saw his opportunity and grabbed Five's arm dragging him away from the doctor as the boy silently fumed, no doubt imagining the different ways he would kill the man if he had gotten the chance.

☂☂☂☂☂☂☂

Five, Zero, and Klaus were in Five's room, getting ready to go, when Zero heard someone call out Five's name downstairs. "I think Vanya's looking for you. I feel hurt. She asks for you but not me. I mean, she did have a th-" Zero began before Five cut him off.

"Shut up, or I'll kill you." Five said in a threatening voice.

"You know that look doesn't really work with how you look right now. Instead of intimidating, you look... adorable." Zero said with a smirk as Five flipped him off before teleporting across the room, pushing Klaus into the wardrobe, and then standing next to the window while Zero hid under Five's bed. "Stay there until Vanya leaves, and I mean it, Klaus." The boy muttered.