☂24☂

Zero stepped into Klaus' room after Five had told him he was off to look for everyone else. It would be a lie if Zero said he didn't immediately feel overwhelmed by everything in Klaus' room, causing the boy to take a few minutes to adjust to everything his eyes landed on. The boy could only describe his brother's room as a pit of chaos while said brother lay on his bed shirtless, fiddling with knitting needles.

"What's with the new hobby?" Zero asked, tearing his eyes away from the writing on the wall as he tried to focus on Klaus.

"Need to keep my hands busy." The man responded as he tangled the yarn even more than it had already been.

"I don't think you're doing it right." The boy pointed out.

"What gives you that idea?" Klaus asked, looking up at the boy in confusion.

"... Nothing." Zero responded, looking away as he glanced around the room again before he continued to speak. "By the way, where did you get the dog tags? I noticed them a while ago, but I didn't think it was the right time to bring them up?"

"They belonged to someone important to me." Klaus said, holding the tags tight as if he feared they would disappear at any moment.

"So it must be a family thing." The blonde breathed out as he unconsciously twisted the ring on his finger.

Klaus glanced over at the boy, his eyes landing on the silver ring the boy was twisting for the first time, "What?"

"All of us always seem to lose the people we fall in love with. It sounds like something Shakespeare would write if you really think about it." Zero mused. 

"What do you mean?" Klaus asked, giving the boy a curious look.

"Well, we all lose the people we love. Allison with Patrick and Claire, Diego with Eudora, Five with Dolores, Ben and Jennifer, Me and Maria, and finally, you and whoever you fell for." Zero said, waving his hand in a circular motion signaling that the cycle went on and on.

"Huh, I never thought about that." The man commented, a thoughtful look crossing his face.

"It's better if you don't." Zero expressed just as Five burst into the room, interrupting their conversation.

"Hey, get up we're going." Five ordered as he sorted out his blazer, his eyes moving from the blonde to the brunette.

"Where?" Klaus asked, looking up uninterestedly.

"To save the world." Five responded eagerly, a crazed look crossing the boy's eyes.

"Oh, is that all?" Klaus asked as he put aside his tangled yarn and sighed deeply.

Five walked over to Klaus's desk, "So, Pogo said Dad killed himself to get us all back together, right?" He asked.

"I thought you were looking for everyone else?"

"I couldn't find them. Anyway, that got me thinking. I had jumped to the future to figure out when it happened, but Dad? He can't time travel." Five said as he paced around the room, "So how'd the crazy bastard actually know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?"

Zero looked up, considering his words, as Klaus lifted his leg and tried to jam his foot into his leg. "Yeah, well, you kno-"

"Don't answer. That was purely rhetorical." Five stated, cutting Klaus off.

"The thing is, you have to give the old man some credit. I mean, he did all this to bring everyone back together." Zero said to no one specifically.

"What I still can't figure out is how did he know?"