21 ▌SOMBER▐

I'm tired of having this fic be so broken into different chapters to give it bulk so I will now be condensing the important days into one chapter. so enjoy

-Meat

 ─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

"Seriously?" You've just told Clockwork about your time here. The first day, the interactions, but kept out things of importance to only you. Like Eyeless Jack. You keep close track of your words as they flow out.

"Yeah, that was last night though, so I've only been here for a night."

"I swear that boy sometimes." Clockwork grumbles as you had explained Toby's admittance. "Thinks he's all high and mighty because he's bending over backwards for that damn thing." She takes an aggressive bite of the simple french toast doused in syrup.

You and Clockwork were eating in the dining room as she contacted Jane and Lulu. That being she basically banged on their door and walked away before either answered. Good wake up call, you suppose.

"What was it like? Seeing me, that is."

She hums while chewing her large bite of breakfast. "I think you seem pretty weak. Honestly. I will say you're playing with fire though, snapping at the four of them. It is funny to see them stressed out." She taps her fork on the plate.

"Collections like these don't happen too often, so—"

"Collections?"

"Oh yeah. You've got a shit storm ahead of you."

The ticking of her eye made the awkward pauses between your conversations bearable. You tap your fingers against the wood of the table, wondering about what's in front of you. The now.

The other two women of the lodge have finally taken seats at the four-person table. You give a polite smile to both Jane, who sits on your right and Lulu who sits in front of you. Clockwork smiles bright seeing the table is now full.

"Hey bitches, what's the news?"

"Her." Lulu points her butter knife to you before cutting up her french toast.

You had finished yours long ago, having a strong hunger still going from both skipping dinner and healing so often. It's getting annoying with this one plate rule. You lay your head back in the chair, exposing your neck entirely. "Why."

Jane gives a smooth laugh, joyous and delightful, "I suppose it's obvious."

"Yeah," Lulu gives a pitying giggle, "when everyone in the house is introduced to the prisoner? Pretty bizarre." She doesn't seem as reserved from last time you met her.

"Actually, I think Helen was looking for you!"

You lean your head forward with a questioning look, staring into Lulu's blank face.

"He was asking the other residents since he picked up breakfast early to go give it down in the basement!"

"Looks like Toby didn't tell anyone, then."

"No. For the best." Jane commented tucking back some black locks behind her ear, "The last addition was Cody, so you can understand the wonder of a couple years of silence."

"Couple years? They that rare?"

"Yep." Clockwork let her fork fall onto the empty plate. "I still remember when Lulu joined, freaking everyone out." She snorted, rising from her seat. "You remember that Jane?"

"I do. The fog was a nice trap." Jane continued to eat as Clockwork took your plate and her own to the back to be washed by... whoever washes dishes.

"Fog?"