{act ten} - when the tyrant loves

⚠️ This story contains heavy manga spoilers for Tokyo Manji Revengers ⚠️
⚠️ Graphic depictions of assault, trauma, PTSD, self harm, suicide, depression, panic attacks, underage smoking, stalking, child abuse, drug abuse/addiction, and extreme violence ⚠️

Please read the warnings before you proceed, this book is not for the faint of heart.

Tragedy is a genre of drama based on human suffering and, mainly, the terrible or sorrowful events that befall a main character.

"So you're telling me...Kazutora got out of juvie yesterday?"

Two high schoolers sat in the back table of the random McDonald's nearby. One of them, who had his black mask pulled down to his chin, revealing his gruesome diamond shaped scars on the edges of his lips, was drinking a strawberry smoothie.

The other high schooler was apparently unamused, as he grimaced from the fact that he just had to spend a whole three bucks on that smoothie.

Sanzu took his lips away from the straw and gulped up any of the liquid left in his mouth before replying.

"Yeah, and I heard from the grapevine that Baji went to join him. Dunno if it's true or not though, but I'm sure Mucho and I will dig up more soon."

"Ugh, I know I told Baji that I was okay with him being friends with Kazutora but isn't this a little bit much?" [Name] sighed heavily, resting his head on the dirty table. All of this was a mess now, and it looked like Baji was going to follow the original timeline's path regardless of his intervention.

[Name] was growing bitter, biting the inside of his lip until it bled as he racked his brain for a new plan to reverse the past, since Baji decided to fuck everything up himself.

And to make his mood worse, the person sitting on the opposite side of him kept on trying to kiss his ass.

"Y'know, if I was in Baji's place, I would've never betrayed you."

"Shut up."

"Yes sir."

[Name] chuckled at how quickly he replied, stealing Sanzu's smoothie and taking a sip out of it as he let his thoughts roam.

Sanzu wasn't bad company. He just sat there and made idle conversation like even the stupidest of subjects were fine as long as they came from [Name]'s mouth. It made him wonder if Sanzu searched for him when he left, and how he was holding up now.

And he felt a twinge of guilt that made him unable to look Sanzu in the eye, or else he'd be reminded of his cut up dead body from the present. It made him wish he hadn't sobered up earlier.

Things were always unhappy whenever he was sober.

"[Name], are you doing better now?"

He glanced up from the drink and raised an eyebrow at the sudden and mysterious question.