{act three} - guilt that feeds on your soul

⚠️ This story contains heavy manga spoilers for Tokyo Manji Revengers ⚠️
⚠️ Graphic depictions of assault, trauma, PTSD, self harm, suicide, depression, panic attacks, underage smoking, stalking, child abuse, drug abuse/addiction, and extreme violence ⚠️

Please read the warnings before you proceed, this book is not for the faint of heart.
All characters will be around 24 in the present and 15-17 in the past

And then [Name] woke up in his room, laid across the bed half naked.

"Ah shit, another god damn headache." He groaned in pain and rubbed his temples, "was I addicted to drugs back then too? Feels like I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms."

While trying not to fall over, [Name] went into the bathroom and looked through the medicine cabinet for a pain reliever.

"Ooh Xanax- no! Shut up [Name], you're a changed man." He grabbed Tylenol and placed it in his mouth before turning on the sink faucet and letting the water help it go down.

"...Hopefully it's poisoned water and I don't go back into the past this time." He mumbled while wiping his mouth of any remaining water.

As he stood his body back up straight, he winced in pain and looked in the mirror at the spot that hurt. Suddenly, the reason why his head hurt made sense. [Name]'s body was covered in bruises and cuts as well as the marks from having his ankles and wrists tied up.

Like he couldn't believe this, he reached into his pocket out of instinct and felt the once all too familiar sensation of cash in it. There must've been a good few hundreds in his pocket at that moment.

The gravity of this situation because so much more real and he couldn't help but tremble in fear.

[Name] had to go back to his hellish past and relive some of the most traumatic moments in his life all over again. Wasn't this just torture? Hasn't he suffered enough?

His eyes shook as they stared at the many bleeding wounds scattered across his arms and shoulders, tracing it with his fingers as though he was in a daze. All the memories [Name] thought he could repress through the medicine and drugs flooded his mind.

No matter how much he tried, he could never forget.

'Why did I have to go back in time to this time period of all times? I'd rather be in jail right now than have to go through this hell again.'

And from the mirror, [Name] no longer saw his high school self but the reflection of himself from the present. His pupils were always dilated until they looked pitch black from the drugs and he wore bandages in a pathetic way to cover up what everyone already knows.