Chapter 2: Something Strange

It seemed that Ron's life was just normal and average. He'd meet Bob at school, they'd have lunch together and chill out whenever.

However, Ron felt suspicious of Bob's attitude. He'd talk to him, of course, but when they went home for the day, he wouldn't respond to his messages until hours later, which he found unusual. But Ron felt he was just busy.

"Hey can I come over to do some homework?" Ron asked as soon as the final bell rang one day. Bob looked a little worried by the question. "Um, yeah. Sure, I guess."

They took a bus to Bob's house. More like a small apartment. They entered the apartment block, went into the lift and went to the level of his apartment room.

Bob's house was plain, with a living room, a kitchen and some bedrooms at the back.

"Yeah. This is my house. Sorry it isn't that, um, good-looking."

"No, it's fine!" Ron said smiling, opening his bag and taking out his pencil case and math book. "Come on, let's sit down here," he said as he motioned Bob to the dining table, sitting down at one of the chairs.

"I'm gonna get something from my room, I'll be back," Bob said as he walked off.

Ron was finishing some problem sums as part of the homework and realised that Bob had not arrived. He was getting really suspicious at this point. Closing his book, he walked up to Bob's room. It wasn't hard to find, since it was the only one filled with stuff, which he found odd. Where did his parents stay? Or, did he even have parents at home?

He shrugged off the thought as he went inside the bedroom. It had a cork-board filled with random papers, a messy study desk and a bed. The closet was slightly ajar. But no sight of his friend.

"Bob?" He yelled out, but there was no response.

Turning to the closet, he opened it without thinking. It was strange of Bob to be disappearing like that, Ron knew. The closet had multiple clothing hung up on the racks, and shoes boxes. There was a protruding piece of wood in the middle of the back of the closet.

Feeling it, Ron realised it was a door. A door to where? The knob was small but he managed to find it. Opening it up, he saw an empty void. His heart dropped as he peeked through, trying to find a light source. But suddenly, a huge gust of wind sucked him in.

"What's going on? AHHH-"

He heard the door slam shut and felt himself falling down into the nothingness. His body was glowing a light shade of yellow and suddenly everything returned back to the blackness.