Chapter 3: You're What??

"Oof..."

Bright sunlight was all around him. He groaned, struggling to get up. How long was he out? He couldn't be sure. The last thing he remembered was falling down a bottomless pit. Or something like that.

Ron looked around and saw that he was in a field. Tall grass was all around. He slowly got up and tried to find someone to ask for help. This wasn't Bob's room, this was an entirely different place.

He seemed like he was walking forever, until he spotted a white blob in the distance. Someone! Or maybe, something.

He ran towards it in relief, and patted the something or someone. But when he reached out his hand, he noticed something off. It was of a yellow shade.

Pushing his thoughts aside, he patted the something. It turned around. This thing had black eyes and a smile.

"Hey! You must be new here!" It smiled. Ron felt weirded out, because he felt the voice was very familiar, but he hoped this thing would help him get home.

"Um, yeah. I was wondering how to get out of here. Do you kn—"

"Wait hang on I recognise that voice," The blob said in a cold tone. "I can remember anyone's voice. Especially someone I've been hanging out with for very long."

"Huh?" Ron was getting confused. He did not recognise this blob at all, how did it recognise his voice.

"RON??" It gasped. "What, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

"Wait, who are you?? I—"

"IT'S ME, BOB!"

Ron couldn't believe it and gasped at the blob who claimed it was Bob.

"What, what in the world are you doing here?? I thought you were at the dining table!" Yeah. It was Bob alright.

"I was wondering where you were!" Ron exclaimed.

"This is the whole point I didn't want you coming over! But I felt bad. I thought you wouldn't find out, but I guess you did. And you got side effect number 1, by the way," Bob said sullenly.

"What do you mean, side effect number 1...?"

Bob looked around for a shiny surface, and saw a mirror in the corner. He picked it up, and faced it to Ron. Seeing his reflection made his whole world fall apart.

Staring back at him was a person with a yellow folder for a head, wearing the same clothes as he did. "No, nononono!!" he panicked. "What happened to me??"

"That's why I... I didn't want you coming over. You'd freak out, of course, because..." Bob hesitated for a moment before speaking again. "Because... I never told you the whole truth."

"What..?"

"I'm not from the human world. This place, this is my real home. And this is my real form, I just look like a human in your world so I can fit in. And when we became friends I... I didn't want to tell you the truth but you found out anyway..."

Ron couldn't speak. He stared at his friend in utmost shock as he tried to take in what had just happened.

"This has to be a dream right?! There's no way—"

"No. None of this is a dream."

Just to confirm, Ron pinched himself. But the surroundings were still the same. Oh, Bob was right.

"Okay... um... can we go home then...?" Ron asked in worry.

"Yeah, sure."

There was a bright light and suddenly the surroundings were different. The closet was closed now, but other than that the room was the same as when Ron entered it. It was Bob's room.

Ron ran to the bathroom immediately to take a look at himself. He heaved a sigh relief when he saw his human self looking back at him. That was a rough episode even though it only lasted a short while.

"Remind me to never enter that door again," he said. "And um... sorry for invading your privacy."

"Nah, it's okay, I know you'd do that eventually. But, please don't tell anyone in school about this. They'd freak out, probably," Bob told him warily. He was in his human form now, and had his hands in his pockets as he looked at his friend.

"I promise, I won't tell anyone," Ron said, before grabbing his bag, packing it and waving goodbye. He would have to finish his assignments at home.

But little did Ron know, that strange episode hadn't ended yet.