Chapter 5: Closer Friendship

A few days had passed, and so far nobody discovered about Ron and Bob yet. Sometimes, Ron would go to the skate park to meet his friends, since he hadn't met them in a while, considering that he was hanging out with Bob most of the time.

"Hey! Long time no see!" yelled one of them as Ron was on his skateboard and was approaching them. He got off and waved. "Hello! Sorry for not hanging with y'all too often, I was with my new classmate. We became friends and well, yeah!"

"That's okay, come on, let's do some awesome tricks."

Ron was a really good skateboard user. He had been practising and that was one of the reasons he made many friends. They all loved the sport too and decided to be friends with them. And also because they found Ron cool, with his shades and all.

At other times, Ron would be with Little Man, especially on weekends. So far, he hadn't discovered about the second form he got.

But since Bob was also Little Man's friend, he felt a little guilty of hiding it from him. He made a promise to Bob that he wouldn't tell anyone else, but what harm could telling their friend too?

So one day, Ron decided to do just that.

They were just strolling along the street, passing by shop after shop, before Ron stopped and faced his friend. "Hey, do you want to go to Bob's house?"

"Mmm, yeah. Sure."

Ron remembered where Bob's house was, and led Little Man there. Knocking on the door, Ron wondered whether he was home, or he was just chilling in the other world.

The door opened and Bob was there.

"Oh, you guys. Hey, um, come in."

They sat at the couch for a little bit, before Bob offered to buy snacks at the convenience store.

As soon as the door shut, Ron said to Little Man. "Hey, wanna see something?"

"What?" Little Man was curious to see what Ron was going to show him.

He brought Little Man to Bob's room, opened the closet and searched for the magic door.

"Dude, isn't this an invasion of privacy?" Little Man asked warily.

"Come on, I went here the other day," Ron said. "I'm sure Bob wouldn't mind."

Soon he found the doorknob and opened it. Holding Little Man's arm, he dragged himself and his friend inside.

When they landed onto the familiar grassy plain, Ron saw he was back to that form he first got. He was still getting used to it, especially when he kept on switching back and forth in the human world.

A tiny person lay face down on the ground and got up. It was obviously Little Man. "Where am I? Who are you??"

"I'm Ron!" Ron said. "Look, I know you're freaking out right now but—"

"WHY AM I SO LITTLE??"

"Please! I can explain!! So basically Bob is from this world and I found out by accident and now I have this form and you have your own one too and—"

"Ron shouldn't have brought you here."

Ron turned around to see Bob in his original form, face cold with disappointment. "B-Bob!"

"Ron, I told you not to tell anyone else about this!!" Bob yelled.

"What is going on?" Little Man asked in confusion.

With a sigh, Bob explained to him everything he explained to Ron when he first landed there. Then, facing Ron, he asked, "This was between you and me. Why did you break it?"

"Look Bob, Little Man is our friend too! He doesn't deserve to be left out of this whole thing about you. What if he finds out the same way I did?? Would be be happy?? Was I happy when I found out you were keeping your secret to yourself this whole time??" Ron practically shouted. Bob stood back in alarm. He rarely heard his own friend shout at him like that.

Thinking for a moment, Bob sighed. "I...I'm sorry...I just felt like keeping it to myself because I just can't bear for anyone in the human world to know where I'm really from...but...you two are my friends and I kept it away from you two..."

Ron felt pity, instantly regretting yelling at him. He knew Bob was lonely, considering he was alone in this world and that was the whole point of going over to the human world.

Little Man seemed to understand the whole thing now, and said, "Bob, I'm sure if I was in your position, being someone different I mean, I would have been afraid too."

That made Bob feel a little better as he smiled at the both of them. "Ron, please don't tell anyone else."

"Alright, I promise that, for real."

The three pulled into a group hug as Bob teleported them back.

They were back in their usual selves. "Hey, how did you know we were in your world?" Ron asked all of a sudden.

"You guys were missing from the living room when I got back, and the closet doors were open," Bob said. "Obviously you got there."

"Okay I'm starving, let's have some snacks," Little Man said. The two smiled as they went over to have the snacks, and they had a great day that day.

Unfortunately, their enjoyable days weren't about to last long.

Especially, Ron's.