Chapter 4: Shocking Discovery

When Ron got home that day, his mother was preparing dinner in the kitchen.

"Hello, how was school?" she asked as she was filling the plates up with food.

"It was fine. I went to study with Bob, so that's cool," Ron responded, intentionally leaving out the other world thing. She wouldn't believe him anyway, and he made a promise to Bob he wouldn't tell anyone about it.

He took a shower and completed his assignments. But his mind couldn't get off the events that had happened. A part of him wondered if it really did happen, despite Bob convincing him that it was all real. But another part felt disappointed at Bob since he never told him the truth in the first place. Weren't they friends? He shrugged it off as he finished whatever he had to do.

Dinner time came and went, with the usual asking of "how was your day?" his father always did at the table as they ate. Being the only child meant his parents would always ask him many things, but Ron didn't seem to mind.

Switching off the light in his room, he went to bed after packing his bag for school the next day.

(Time skip)

The usual beeping of the alarm rang from his phone. Tired and annoyed, Ron switched it off and lay on bed for a few minutes, before getting up to tidy his hair before showering.

Rubbing his eyes tiredly, he went to his closet mirror, yawned and focused his vision. Once it did, his reflection scared him and he tried to suppress the urge to scream.

Staring back at him was the same form he had yesterday in that other world.

He looked around. He was still in his room, but how could he have switched to the folder head form he got? It couldn't have been possible!!!

"Okay calm down you can work this out!!" He told himself repeatedly, breathing in and out as he tried to make sure he wasn't dreaming, again. But no, he was still in that form, just in his sleeping outfit, a plain white shirt and black shorts.

A name appeared in his head. Hurriedly, he grabbed his phone and pressed the contact with that name. "Maybe he knows what to do..." he hoped.

Thankfully, the response came immediately.

Bob's voice came from his phone. "Hey Ron, why did you call me so early?" he asked.

"Hey...um...Bob? Didn't you mention I had side effect number 1 yesterday...?" Ron asked him back worriedly, afraid his mother may open the door.

"Well...yeah...wait. Did you get the second one??"

"There's a second one??" Ron was practically shouting.

Instantly Bob turned on the video function and saw what Ron was worrying about.

"Oh no..."

"Bob! Don't tell me you're hiding something again!!"

Bob bit his lip in embarrassment. "Y-yeah. I never told you everything about this whole...different form thing."

Bob heaved as he explained. "Well, when you got into my world, it gave you a form. That's just how it is. And once you have that, it's...permanent. You're stuck having that inside of you. Even I have it too, but I can control it. You...can't. So..."

"So I'm stuck like this forever??"

"No! It's just that you have two forms now. That one, and your human one. Look, I'll teach you how to control it, but in the meantime you gotta change back."

Ron sat on his bed as he listened to what Bob had to say. Bob told him to calm down and gave advice on how to switch back. It took a few minutes, but soon enough Ron was back to his original self.

"Thanks Bob," Ron said.

"Anytime, see you at school."

Hang up.

Ron decided to get ready for school for real. Taking a shower and changing to his usual clothes, he had his breakfast and waved his parents goodbye. They seemed a little concerned that Ron had taken longer to get out of his room, but thought he just overslept a little.

A second form he had to control now? Life was now going to be harder than he thought.