Chapter 8

Lisa's POV

"Whose house is this?" He asked while I was looking at him in anger. His statement made me frown. Realization hit me... This is not my house and I don't have any rights on his house... Or him.

And that burns. Much more than that day when those monsters put my hands in hot water.

"Yours," I muttered.

"Then, the problem is solved." He said and went back to his files and computer. How can I not have anything to refute?

"Before you go, shut the door nicely. And next time if you to have a talk here in the office then you will knock. Understood?" He is talking much rudely than he normally does and that is paining me. I feel like my heart is burning slowly because of his words.

"But... You don't have the right to appoint a caretaker for me! I can do my own work and there is no need of her!" I snapped at him and hit the table.

He looked up in anger.

"So what do you think? What I should do? Whenever you have panic attacks, you want me run after you leaving all my work?" He asked making me look at him in shock.

I didn't know I was a burden for him that he will have run behind me because he has responsibility.

"Then leave me on my own! I have handled these kind of silly panic attacks all these years and I am sure I will be able to do much better on my own. If you feel so much burdened because of me then leave me on my own." I said as tears slipped from my eyes.

I thought he cared for me and he... he only considers me as his responsibility!

How stupid can I be? 

"If only I had that option! But till the time you are here under my roof, you are my responsibility and I never turn back from my responsibilities. So, you will have a caretaker and I have made her understand everything. Do not make it difficult for me or her. Just listen to whatever she says." He snapped at me making sit on the chair behind in fear.

I had no idea he has that much anger for me in his heart that it will scare me.

"And now if you are done, you can go." He said and so naturally he went and started doing his work. 

"I am not done. You cannot force her upon me. I will not accept her." I said in anger and wiped my tears.

"You don't have anything to do but I have. I cannot just roam around you for taking your care. Sometimes you need food, sometimes you need company, sometimes you need support and all this will be provided by her. You will have no need for me. So just accept it and go from here." He said and went towards. After holding my upper hand he dragged me out of his office. 

All this time, I felt too numb seeing his changed attitude towards me.

"Told you. He does not even like you why are you whoring around him?" I heard Snow's voice behind making me turn towards her in anger.

"I knew everything you were doing and behaving so nicely was all a setup. But, let me remind you... you are my caretaker so you better do your work sincerely or else? And yes, don't whore around him. You are my servant, remember that." I warned her and left from there.

I went too ahead in my heart actually and that is why I feel like my heart has been tossed by him unceremoniously by him.

I ran to the room and shut the door. How can I be so stupid? 

Mamma always said that real life is different from movies, but I never believed that. I thought all those stories are taken from real life instances. I always assumed that the person whom I will like will like me back. No because, I am beautiful but because I am Lisa.

And what wrong did he say? I don't have any other work to do and I will forever be a burden on everyone. I looked at myself in the mirror with the intention to find that girl who wanted to be so more. I always wanted that my fictional world should be converted in to reality. I wanted to produce super amazing stories that compels people to believe that love stories actually exist.

Only my mother knew about this dream and she believed, I will be a great producer and director. But with her everything was gone. And I am nothing but an uneducated fool now. But in this whole situation, what was my mistake? Because of one murderer, I had to live the life like a caged animal. And my father didn't try to find my mother's murderer. She was the one who always believed that one day my father will understand her importance. She always believed that my father cared for her and loved her.

And few incidents did happen, where I also started believing that he loves her. When my mother was lying lifelessly on the ground he actually cried for her. He claimed to be in love with Agatha, that leader of all the monsters, but after mother's death he didn't marry her. They do still have nameless relationship. 

Sometimes, I do feel like Mamma was right. But today, I feel exactly opposite, I feel like someone is taking my dreams away from me and I cannot even stop.

I was never this weak! And I will not let myself be this weak.

After wiping my tears and give fake smile to myself in the mirror, I went out of the room.

Where is that caretaker of mine? It's almost the time for my breakfast and she is not here? I thought as soon as I reached the dining table and saw no breakfast was placed on the table. Slacking off her work already? Sighing, I went inside the kitchen to get the breakfast but there was the more bigger shock awaiting for me.