Chapter Twenty: The Offer

I don't know what I expected the moment my head hit the pillow. My mind was vacant. The space around me had begun to warp into a new universe, something that was enticing and terrifying at the same time. I didn't want to get up and walk away but I was petrified about the path I was running down at full force. I looked at the man who was inches from my face and then...I felt nothing. I didn't know him, I didn't even pretend I wanted to know him. He was handsome sure, he was dark, oozed sophistication, he was just my type but I knew this was a job and that was exactly what I had to keep reminding myself. As he continued his seduction routine I found myself feigning interest, something that I would learn to do over and over again to ensure that I gained repeat customers. His kisses were gentle but hungry and by no means unpracticed. He finally began to remove my underwear with his teeth and I stifled a giggle when he reached just below my navel. His expert tongue teased my skin making goose bumps erupt all over. I threw my head back and arched my back, acting as though I was aching for his touch when in fact all I wanted was for it to be over with. It wasn't long until we were both naked, the moment he placed his lips on mine, I reached over to the nightstand and picked up a condom. I may have been an escort but I certainly wasn't going to be practicing anything unsafe. I expertly slipped it on him all the while lightly biting his bottom lip and arching my body closer to his. I ran my nails along his back before he grabbed my wrists and pinned them to the bed for entering me. It was at that exact moment that I allowed my mind to wander to another place...an empty place that I was sure would end up being filled with moments and memories just like this. Somewhere that I would never allow myself to visit when I returned to reality. As I lay there moaning with each thrust, giving him exactly what he wanted I found myself in unchartered waters. I had never been one to fake an orgasm but on this occasion I found myself doing just that over and over again. It wasn't that he didn't know what he was doing or that I wouldn't have enjoyed myself under different circumstances but I could tell the difference. Sex for me was emotionally based, I had to have some form of connection with the person I was sleeping with and for once I had allowed myself to sleep with someone without having any kind of emotional connection. It was strange but I refused to question why I was doing it. I needed to gain control of my life and considering everything else was always so out of my control, my body and mind were the only things I knew no one else would be able to take away from me. I was in complete control and that excited me more than I wanted to admit.

It wasn't long until Christopher was spent. He collapsed on the bed next to me with a ragged breath. It was at that moment I had no idea what to do. I desperately wanted to get up and have a shower but I didn't want to be rude, or worse be seen as weak. He had already questioned me enough for one night and I knew that the moment I walked out of this room, I had to work on my poker face because it was obvious that he could see right through my shell.

"I must say, I've never had a woman fake it before" he said in between deep breaths, before rolling over onto his side and facing me. I definitely had to work on my poker orgasm too. I was unsure how to respond. If I lied he would know and if I told the truth he would crucify me.

"It's honestly not you...I'm just not usually vocal" I took the safer route that had a bit of truth and white lie all in one.

"That's because you've never had anyone who knows what they are doing, enough to make you scream that is" I thought we had just established that he obviously didn't and yet he was inferring that he had just the skills to make me scream.

"That could be true"

"Are you always in Paris or do you travel?"

"I guess it depends on the booking" I said plucking that information out of my ass as I truly had no idea.

"Well I have a benefit tonight, are you free?" I wasn't sure I wanted to see him again. He asked too many questions for my liking.

"I will have to check my schedule" I responded as I watched him slide off the bed, I watched him as he confidently strode over towards the bathroom. As soon as he reached the threshold he turned to look at me and spoke.