Chapter Seven: King Kyle

Verified Client: Mr. Kyle Richardson

Nickname: King Kyle

Occupation: Businessman - Ties to Nightclubs and Property

Nationality: East Mediterranean

Location: Sydney, Australia

Celebrity Status: A - Untouchable

Security Level - Bodyguard + 10

Package: GFE + Expenses

Booking Time: 2 Days + 1 Night

Hotel: The Darling - Penthouse Suite

As soon as I saw his name I felt the blood rush to my head. Kyle and I had met before I had started working in this line of work. I knew exactly who he was the moment I opened the brief Lou had sent over but it wasn’t seeing him again that had me on edge, it was the fact that I was booked to see him. Surely he couldn’t have known that he was booking me? As much as I wanted to ask Nick if he knew about my latest client, I was smarter than to open those can of worms.

                                                                                * * * *

When the elevator doors opened and we stepped out, I was in awe as I looked around the room. The blue and pink strobe lights complimented the wooden surroundings that were an unusual mix of colonial and contemporary designs but they seemed to fit well together. Nick placed his hand on my back that jolted me back to reality. We walked towards the V.I.P section on a raised platform on the other side of the room past the bar. The club section was packed to the brim with people dancing, drinking and enjoying themselves. Just as the crowd parted slightly I saw my friends and was blissfully happy to see that they had definitely been taken care of. When we finally reached the roped off area that was guarded by two burly security men, Nick removed his hand from my back. In an instant something shifted in me the moment his last fingertip brushed just under my ribcage. I felt different about this scenario and began to question again why we had been treated so well. I began to question the motivation behind his kindness and yet I didn’t get the sense that something was seriously wrong by his body language.

“Hope you enjoy your night Miss. Reid” he said looking directly into my eyes with a kind smile in his own.

“Thank you Nick” I responded a little more cautiously before walking over to join my friends.

The night was just as incredible as the experience we had been given. The drinks never stopped flowing and eventually we all moved onto tequila shots. By the third shot I was feeling the alcohol begin to consume me and the fear of being sick encroached at rapid speed. I excused myself from the table and headed towards the bathroom in opposite the corner of the room. At first I hadn’t noticed that one of the security guards had followed me through the crowd but I soon sensed that someone was not far behind me. I turned around to see the same security guard that was at the entry to the bar, Lucas. I cast it off as a coincidence and quickly snuck into the ladies room, which was surprisingly empty. After ten minutes I came to the conclusion that the feeling of being sick was a false alarm and exited the stall. I found it strange that the bathroom was still empty despite the floor being so busy. I walked up to the gold guilted basins and washed my hands. As I looked up at my reflection in the mirror I saw a woman that had no direction in life. I resigned myself to the fact that my slightly made up face with colours that complimented my structure, the dark brown almond shaped eyes, curvaceous figure, long legs and of course the little black dress had been the reason that the girls and I had been noticed. It had nothing to do with the fact that we were just a group of girls, rather we had been judged on our appearance. So what was it about mine that had caught Nick’s attention? I didn’t feel special. I was just me.