Chapter Twenty-One: Kill or Be Killed

I had always thought the idea of being in the public eye was something to be feared, my experience with Kyle had been an eye opener to the types of opportunities in the world as well as the types of negative experiences that anyone who chose to be a part of the industry could face. The idea of heading to New York with Chris unleashed an onslaught of terror and excitement that was coursing through my veins, I could feel my heart pounding under my skin while locked in the bathroom. He hadn't followed me and I hadn't wanted him to, until that very moment. I stepped away from the door and took a look at myself in the mirror. I didn't see anything different apart from the emotions so evident in my eyes. I had always been told that my eyes gave me away. I raised my head towards the ceiling, sick of seeing the same look in my eyes that told me I was making another mistake. In my heart I knew I was tempted to take Chris up on his offer but then again what kind of twisted world was I about to enter and was I truly ready to face it?

After a long shower and a lot of thinking I walked back out into the bedroom to face him. As I opened the door I saw him fully clothed, sitting at the office desk in the room on his computer. His brow was furrowed as he reviewed the screen in front of him, within seconds he noticed me standing in the door frame, wrapped in a towel and robe. Neither of us spoke. There was no tension in the air, it was almost like we both knew what my answer was but weren't willing to jump to conclusions and break the silence. I swallowed hard and opened my mouth to speak.

"What exactly would I be doing?" He leant back in his chair and linked his fingers, resting them on his head before exhaling slightly.

"What do you want to do?"

"You're the one with the plan, so tell me what do you see me doing?" I responded in a firmer tone.

"Like I said Antonia, this is about you. It is your choice and I have the contacts that would be able to make you a star. What do YOU want to do?" I knew he was going to throw it back on me, he was trying to prove that I was in control although I knew it wasn't going to be the case.

"If I do this I want to be seen as versatile, I want to be seen as a serious business woman, successful. Not a socialite. I want to keep the mystery, keep people guessing and of course I want to do this the right way. I don't want any bullshit or hidden agendas. I think I would like to start with creating a fashion line. I have always had a passion for it, I wan't to create something that is elegant and classic. Not entirely Vera Wang but something couture with an understated sexiness. Gowns maybe?" It was the first time I had ever voiced some of my dreams. 

"Consider it done. I will finance it myself and we will do this the right way. Milan, Paris, New York and London" He said sitting forward and staring at me intently.

"What do you get out of this?" I said in disbelief. I honestly couldn't believe that he was willing to do this and didn't believe that it was actually going to come off. 

"We will draw up a mutually beneficial contract in terms of money. I don't want anything other than the money that I put into it back. There will be no interest, no stakes in the company or any advantage on my part. I want to help you, I just wish you would believe me. I will finance everything. I will set you up with everything you personally need and I will provide you with unlimited finances so that you are able to select your own lawyer to represent you while we draw up the contract. Trust me Antonia I am being above board on everything. We will have an entire contract for everything financial to ensure you are protected and comfortable" I stood there knowing that it was too good to be true but I had nothing to lose but I wanted to negotiate one thing.

"If I do this I have three conditions"

"I would hope you would have at least had some" He responded getting up and walking towards me.