Chapter 4

Thalia 

He looks exhausted, wearing grey sweatpants and a black hoodie. 

''Are you okay Thalia, should I wait for you?'' Tommy asks. 

''No, it's fine. You go ahead.'' I say, not taking my eyes off of Scott. 

Tommy walks off and I suddenly come to my senses. 

''Fucking hell Scott.'' I walk over to him and punch his shoulder. ''What are you doing here? I told you-'' He cuts me off with pressing his lips onto mine. 

For a second I lean into his touch but then I push him off. ''Scott!'' 

''Please Thalia, can we talk? Tonight?'' He asks, begginly. 

''I have a thing tonight.'' I look down. ''You should go.'' I walk off but he grabs my hand and pushes me against the wall, by now the quad is mostly empty. 

He strokes my hair, ''I quit my job for you. I know you missed me too.'' He puts his forehead against mine and the heat that I haven't felt in months, suddenly comes back. 

I start to breathe heavily, ''I did miss you.'' I whisper. ''But our relationship isn't healthy Scott.'' 

''And how do you know that? We were together for so long, why quit now?'' He puts my hair behind my ear and I lean into his hand. 

''I have class.'' I say and I push him off and run. 

''Thalia please! You're my soulmate!'' 

I stop running and his words spook through my mind. Soulmate

I turn around, ''there's no such thing as soulmates.'' I say and his eyes fill with tears when I turn around and continue walking. 

I'm late for my next class and I feel everyone's eyes on me when I walk in, ''and your reason for being late is?'' The professor asks. 

''Sorry, I got held up in my last class.'' I say and I take a seat next to Tommy. 

''Who was that guy?'' He whispers when I've settled down. 

''No one you have to worry about.'' I whisper back. 

I'm not focused in this class, the professor talks slow and the second I'm about to fall asleep, my phone lights up with a text. 

It's a picture of me, asleep in his bed, I look so peaceful. 

The picture comes with a message. 

S: Hear me out, please, tonight. 

I smile at his gesture. 

Me: fine, where? 

I just know he's smiling. 

Before I can read his respone, my phone is taken from me. 

''First, you're late. Now you're on your phone. Do you want to get kicked out Miss. Jacobs?'' She says to me, this professor is serious about her work. 

''Can I have that back? Maybe you should consider a person before just taking their phone out of their hands. My aunt is in the hospital and she has cancer, she might not make it today so I'm sorry that I'm on my fucking phone.'' I stand up and everyone looks at me. 

''I'm sorry.'' She says very cold and she presses my phone back into my hands.

''Bitch.'' I whisper and Tommy is trying his best not to laugh. 

''You don't actually have a sick aunt, do you?'' He whispers. 

''Of course not. I just won't allow some old woman to take my phone from me.'' I whisper back.