Chapter 12

Thalia 

I haven't spoken to Tommy since our last encounter. 

I've started to think that maybe I was a little too hard on him. 

The snow has started to melt and I'm in a cab, on my way home from the airport. 

It's monday and I'll be going back to campus on friday. 

I'm missing classes for this but I'm happy to be home for a bit. 

I open the door and enter the foyer. 

Jeez, I really am happy to be home. 

It smells like freshly baked pie and coffee. 

''Mom! I'm here.'' I yell out while taking my coat off. 

''Thalia!'' She comes running into the foyer and her arms go around my neck to pull me into a tight hug, ''I'm so happy to see you my baby. I can't wait for you to meet them.'' 

''Wait, them?'' I let her go and start taking my shoes off. 

''Yes. Charlie and his son Felix. You're gonna love them.'' She says, smiling. 

''He has a son? How old is he?'' I ask, grabbing my suitcase. 

''Felix is 9. Come on, their in the dining room.'' 

A sigh of relief creeps over me as I put my suitcase down at the stairs and follow my mother into the dining room. 

Charlie is leaning against the table, waiting for us.

He's a little taller then my mother with fuzzy hair and a beard. 

He looks like a decent man, young tho. 

I shake his hand and introduce myself, ''hi. I'm Thalia.'' I give him a friendly smile. 

''Hi Thalia. It's nice to meet you, I'm Charlie and this is my son Felix.'' He says, he has a dark voice. 

He points at the little boy sitting at dining table, eating a piece of my mothers apple pie. 

''Hi.'' I say. 

He looks up at me, he has glasses and his hair falls over his forehead. 

He stands up, doesn't say anything but shakes my hand. 

I lean down at him and say, ''I'm Thalia. It's nice to meet you.'' 

He gives me a smile and I smile back at him. 

''How old are you?'' He asks quietly. 

''I'm 19.'' I reply. 

His cheeks go red, ''you're pretty.'' 

My smile grows bigger, ''well thank you, you're very handsome.'' 

He hugs me and I lean my chin on his head. 

I already know I'ma love this boy as my brother. 

Later that night, me and my mother are doing the dishes while Charlie and Felix are sitting in the living room, playing a card game.

''I love Felix already.'' I tell my mom. 

''You do? That makes me so happy Thalia.'' She smiles at me and I can tell Charlie makes my mother way happier then my dad ever did. 

''Where does dad live now?'' I ask her. 

''His mother, I think.'' She says. 

I shouldn't have brought dad up. 

I look down at the water and continue washing the plates. 

''I'm sorry Thalia. This is probably hard on you. With dad and now Charlie and Felix.'' My mother says, turning to me. 

I hug my mother, ''it's okay mom. Charlie makes you happy, I can tell. It makes me so much happier that you're happy then when you're unhappy with dad. Dad will be fine, I will be fine too.'' I reassure her. 

She kisses my cheek, ''that makes me happy to hear baby. How are you? The death of Julia must have been hard on you.'' 

I let her go and look down, ''yes it was but I'm fine now, I don't wanna talk about it.'' 

My mother strokes my hair and says, ''okay love. Well, if you do. I'm here.'' 

She walks back into the living room while I go up to my room with my suitcase. 

My room looks empty when I walk into it. 

I grab my phone out and sit on the edge of the bed. 

I dial Scotts number and click ''CALL'' 

The phone rings 3 times when he picks up. 

''Scott Adams. Who am I talking to?'' I hear on the other end. 

He deleted my number. God I missed his voice. 

I breathe for a second and then say, ''Scott.'' 

I hear him quickly sit up and hesitate before answering, ''Thalia? Is this you?'' 

''I missed you.'' I say quietly, a tear rolling down my cheek. 

''Thalia. You can't just.. You broke up with me. You told me to never contact  you again.'' 

I wipe the tear away, ''I know and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. Can I come over? Please?'' 

He doesn't say anything for a couple of seconds, ''yes.'' 

On my way there, I think about Julia. 

I thought I could protect him by breaking up with him but it only made me more suspicious. 

I wanna be with him, forever and I'ma tell him that. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! 

Just wanted to let you know that I've made a TikTok account to promote my story even more and to post updates etc, so, go check it out! <3

TikTok: beggingpleasewattpad