Vengeance Is The Lord's

"Come out little Ava," sang Emma as she scanned the room for her victim.

Envy. Ava had always been the stronger, hotter, more popular one while she, Emma was the wallflower. Now the tables were turned. With her newfound strength, she wasn't going to let Ava off so easily.

Barely daring to breathe, Ava crawled through the vent, following the escape plan Jayden had drilled into her.

Emma sniffed the air, "my enhanced senses tell me you are... There!" She flung the grill aside, a feral sneer crossed her face.

The vent though large enough for Ava's malnourished frame, was far too narrow for the female beast

The vent though large enough for Ava's malnourished frame, was far too narrow for the female beast. Emma found herself stuck, trying to squeeze in.

"Roaaar!" Emma went full beast mode cracking the vent.

Benjamin strode into the room and yanked Emma out. "Quit fooling around. We're done here. Ceremony's in an hour."

The burly redhead dragged the protesting woman across the floor by her hair, casually tossing a large fireball into the room as he left.

-------

Ava emerged from the tunnel, in the middle of a rocky plain. Leo and Logan were waiting in a golf cart.

"Where's Jayden?" Logan shot her a quizzical look.

"Gone," came her dazed reply. "He didn't make it."

She plopped herself in the back, right beside Leo. Burying her head in her hands, she stifled her sobs for the man who had given up his life so that she could live.

-------

"What's taking them so long?" Muttered Mason to himself leaning back into his velvet seat as he dipped his fingers in the caviar.

Benjamin and Emma were sent to eradicate an underground rebel camp, Emma, though newly enhanced was highly ambitious. Benjamin was a seasoned enhanced operative who could take down an entire camp himself.

Glancing at the clock, he took another swig of vodka. The beast wouldn't be happy if they were late for the daily ceremony.

The ground moved. Slight tremors at first, then the concrete floor split apart. He could see the floors beneath him. Chunks of reinforced concrete fell from the ceiling, almost hitting his back.

Mason himself didn't bother to get himself enhanced. He didn't plan on doing any grunt work. Now he was beginning to regret his decision.

Abandoning his vodka and caviar, he scrambled to the escape chute and slid out of the building.

The screams of agony, crashing concrete and heavy rumbles of the moving earth were deafening as the building crumbled crushing its occupants.

Chaos reigned among the escapees as they tried to avoid the deep crevices in the splitting, shaking ground, trying to find a safe place to hide.

An eerie silence fell as the brilliant sun turned black. No one dared breathe as the now visible moon turned red.

"Run!" Screamed a voice as stars fell from the sky, comets hitting buildings, trees and people indiscriminately.

The signs were all there. Blood drained from Mason's face and his knees felt like jelly. It's no ordinary earthquake. It's the wrath of God.

Elbowing his way through the crowd into a den carved into the mountain, he squeezed under the rocks, hiding from the wrath of the angry Holy God.