10

The sun was out and the sky was painted blue. It was the ultimate perfect day.

Luffy and Nami stood by the bus stop, hoping to catch the quickest ride back to the hotel. Nami was finally herself again thanks to the doctors and Luffy was determined to get her back to the resort because... well because...

Nami tugged the pair of shorts up on her waist and at the baggy t-shirt.

They stood in silence. Luffy was the first to break it.

"Sorry about the clothes."

He was asked to collect clothing for Nami but he just grabbed a shirt and pants combo of his own. As well as her tooth and hair brush. He knew how much she liked to brush her hair. Had tried going through her wardrobe but everything looked expensive and complicated. And he needed to get back to her in case she woke up scared and confused. The best he could do was a pair of underwear and a pair of seemingly comfortable chunky heeled sandals. He also included a hair tie.

"That's okay." Nami brought the shirt's collar to her nose and inhaled. "I'm just glad they're clean."

The pants were a little big but they fit nonetheless.

"That's rude, Nami."

Said girl stuck her tongue out and continued her sniffing. Luffy on the other hand found it incredibly embarrassing.

"Stop that."

"Make me."

Nami turned away for a mock escape and squealed and laughed when Luffy grabbed her by the waist and lifted her up in the air from behind. They ignored the strange looks from the random passersby. Before, Nami would care about what people thought when they were up to no good. Nowadays, she didn't care. She kicked and laughed and when the tickling came, she promised to stop once and for all.

She caught him staring and smirked.

"You're getting a kick out of this aren't you? Seeing me in your clothes."

Luffy blinked and cocked a brow. She was right but his pride decided against it.

He liked it when she wore his jacket. Seeing her in his clothes triggered a whole new emotion.

"What are you talking about? You look nice no matter what you wear."

Nami took a while to soak in what he said and her face turned a shade darker. She combed her fingers through her neat ponytail and brought her hair forward.

The silence resumed and an outstretch of Luffy's hand wrapping around hers, made her come closer. Close enough so their shoulders touched and Luffy didn't miss the smile she directed at the floor.

A taxi pulled up to meet them and both piled in with Luffy giving the name of their stay.

They occupied the window seats. Hokkaido was beautiful with its kind hills and countryside. The people looked friendly too.

Nami wasn't the type to get all excited about meeting new people but Luffy changed her mind completely on the matter. He was a social butterfly and some of that rubbed off on her. Meeting new friends and people was kin to an adventure and Nami grew to like that very much.

They came cross a beach and Luffy saw the instant Nami stretched her hand towards his and pulled away.

"We'll stop here."

Luffy acknowledged her questioning look.

"This isn't our hotel, Luffy."

"I know. You wanted to see the beach, right?"